PDA

View Full Version : Can Indianapolis go undefeated?

NoChance
09-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Looking at the lines today, I was hoping Indy might struggle against the spread one more time against the Titans this week and then bust out against a better team where I might actually get some value in the line. So, I proceed to look at their schedule. It's a pretty easy schedule and I think you have to consider the possibility the could go undefeated this year.

@ Tennessee
@ San Fran
St Louis
@ Houston
bye week

That should put them at 7-0 at their bye week were they get an extra week to prepare for New England in week 8. Even though it's on the road, the extra week and the Patriots injuries to the secondary could make things interesting. Call this one a toss up.

@ New England (see comments above)
Houston
@ Cincinnati (will be a tough game)
Pittsburgh (at home plus Pitt is bad against the pass)
Tennessee
@ Jacksonville (tough game)
San Diego
@ Seattle
Arizona

They really only have 4 or 5 tough games this year and Manning and the offense
isn't even on track yet. They may be underdogs only 2 times the enitre year.

Thoughts?

sublime
09-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Can Indianapolis go undefeated?

yes

20Five
09-27-2005, 06:22 PM
can they?? technically yes.

will they?? no.

They have won 3 games.. I think its a little too early to be talking about an undefeated season with 15 more to go, just my two cents /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jedinite
09-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't think anyone has the capability to go undefeated this year or next year. You'd have to see a massive shift in power and a dramatically easy schedule. There's just too much parity in the NFL these days - while there are still fringe teams, even a team as good as Indy is going to have four to six parity games a year.

Good analysis on the rest of their schedule. But I'd put the odds as infinitesimal that Indy gets through this stretch without a loss:

@ Cincinnati (will be a tough game)
Pittsburgh (at home plus Pitt is bad against the pass)
Tennessee
@ Jacksonville (tough game)
San Diego
@ Seattle

if nothing else, getting through the tough games and then facing the running attacks of LT and SA back to back could be tough.

scott8
09-27-2005, 06:44 PM
And they rarely look good on grass.

craig r
09-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Plus, I won't be impressed with their great defense until they play a team with a good offense. I would actually be worried if I was an IND fan. I mean, I am sure they will make the playoffs, but we all know there is much more than that to get to the Superbowl.

craig

Indiana
09-28-2005, 04:50 AM
Indy will absolutely not go undefeated. Actually, I dont bet them to win or cover much these days. Mostly eyeing the over/under totals. Mostly the under bets are what I make.

Indy

lastsamurai
09-28-2005, 05:16 AM
will Peyton manning ever beat the CANEs and/or New England? Until then the answer is NO

Indiana
09-28-2005, 05:18 AM
Personally, I think we will fall to NE this year. Pitt can also beat us. The general public is hyping the colts too much. Those of us who carefully watch the team can make good $ on them because we know who they can and cannot beat.

Indy

youtalkfunny
09-29-2005, 12:09 AM
I really got a kick out of the title of this thread, and the OP's name, which appears immediately to the right of the title on the front page:

"Can Indianapolis go undefeated?....NoChance"

ThaHero
09-29-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really got a kick out of the title of this thread, and the OP's name, which appears immediately to the right of the title on the front page:

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir

ThaHero
09-29-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I won't be impressed with their great defense until they play a team with a good offense. I would actually be worried if I was an IND fan. I mean, I am sure they will make the playoffs, but we all know there is much more than that to get to the Superbowl.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also unimpressed with their D.

Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Cleveland.

And people are praising their defense? WHY?? WHY WHY WHY??? I just don't see what's so great about holding these teams too little or no points?? Yet every sports analyst and "fan" is swinging from the Defense's ovaries(yes that's correct, they still play like women till they prove their men).

2+2 wannabe
09-29-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you beat me to it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lastchance
09-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Plus, if they go 15-0, they'll have home field locked up and play Atlanta with their second string, and Atlanta is good enough to beat a second string Indy team.

fnurt
09-29-2005, 01:32 AM
This has gotten to be a pretty academic argument, but I doubt any team with a chance to go 16-0 is going to be throwing a game by playing the scrubs.

09-29-2005, 01:36 AM
and they dont play atlanta

09-29-2005, 01:37 AM
but yea they arent going undefeated, SD and at seattle arent givens either, as no game is in this league