PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance?

Rubeskies
09-27-2005, 05:44 PM
My student HI just ran out and I'm looking to get something on my own but don't really know what I'm looking for.

I play poker for my income which is in the lower 6 figures range. I live in New York City (Manhattan), am 20 years old and don't smoke. I also have no major health problems.

Any suggestions?

mason55
09-27-2005, 05:48 PM
People under 30 don't need health insurance. It's a waste of money.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-27-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably true. If you feel like you must have it for some reason, just go to a couple insurance agents and see what they offer you. A young guy should be able to get (relatively) cheaper coverage, but since I get mine through my job, I really don't know what "cheap" is.

MrTrik
09-27-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Feeling invincible huh? That and maybe not all that bright either.

STLantny
09-27-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably true. If you feel like you must have it for some reason, just go to a couple insurance agents and see what they offer you. A young guy should be able to get (relatively) cheaper coverage, but since I get mine through my job, I really don't know what "cheap" is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do me a favor, get in a car accident, and tell me if you need it or not. I signed up at ehealthinsurance.com, student plan from fortis. Its only 700/yr, and a deductible up of 1000$. Its basically if I am in a major accident, or something of that nature, I wont be in debt 100k or more, only 1000$.

Freakin
09-27-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're under 30, it's not stuff like prescriptions and doctors visits that you need health insurance for. Catastrophic health insurance is a good idea. It's usually quite cheap.

On a side note, I'm getting massages twice a week for $15 copays with my health insurance.....

Freakin

TStoneMBD
09-27-2005, 06:01 PM
ive been told that i should be getting catastrophic insurance which will amount to about $100/m. its basically for 20k+ hospital bills. i really think this is sound advice and plan on getting it right before something catastrophic happens.

Mat Sklansky
09-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Fortis/Assurant high deductible, individual plan. My deductible is 3000/ yr.

mason55
09-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Don't listen to these fools, health insurance is a scam.