PDA

View Full Version : thought i was going to snap, i did..now i feel like a dick (very long)

tdarko
09-27-2005, 05:07 PM
it started at the movies.

last friday i am at movie with my gf and it's very crowded, probably 4-5 empty seats in the entire theater. i am sitting on the end/aisle b/c i am tall and i like to be able to spread out as much as possible (even though it's still not enough).

the previews are over and the movie is starting and this guy stands up and starts talking to his wife/gf/friend sitting right next to him, probably about going to the bathroom or getting something to eat etc. i am starting to get pissed b/c he is loud and i don't understand why he has to stand to tell his lady friend what he tells her (why can't he sit and tell her then get up and leave?), and finally why the [censored] didnt he get food or piss during the 30 minutes he sat there talking before the movie? people are telling him to sit down etc and he is just ignoring.

now i am watching him and as he is walking down the aisle instead of saying, "excuse me, can i get through?" or "i am sorry, but can i get by?" he is just knocking peoples legs over and running them over. i see this and my blood is now curdling /images/graemlins/mad.gif. i remind you that i am tall, he can't get through without me actually sitting up in my seat and pulling my knees back since my knees go all the way up to the back of the seat in front of me.

i have made up my mind. he gets to me and i don't move. he tries to run my legs over but i don't budge. he looks and stares at me and i just look right back at him and give him a "go to hell" look. he then actually gets violent and takes a step back and tries to run through my legs and i take my knee and jam it right into his thigh and he drops to the ground.

he regains his balance and at this point is through the aisle and his walking down the steps and not looking back. i say, "your [censored] world!" my girlfriend is [censored] pissed off at this point /images/graemlins/frown.gif. so i decide to calm down. but to be honest i want to [censored] kill this guy for his lack of respect and common desency for other people.

i lean over to one of the ladies he ran over and apologize for his behavior. she is rubbing her leg, and says "its ok, i just don't know why he didn't ask me to move?"

when he comes back with two bags of popcorn, candy and water he decides to get to his seat via the other side of the theater instead of my side thus having to walk over about 10 more people /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

i almost snapped but haven't yet.

fast forward to monday.

i am driving to blockbuster to return some tapes (wow, kind of sounded like bateman there /images/graemlins/blush.gif), and in the parking lot out of nowhere two skateboarders come out of nowhere and fly right in front of me. out of natural reaction when slamming on my brakes i gave a quick honk, not a long lay on the horn but just a quick tap, let you know that i am here honk.

these 4 punks were probably around 16-17 yrs old.

i am stopped and my heart is kind of racing cause i almost hit a kid. i am looking at the kid and he throws his hands up in the air and gives me a shitty look, i look back at him confused. he then flips me off and takes his skateboard and throws it at my car. luckily it hits my wheel or things would have been worse.

they are walking off and i put my car in park and get out. i start yelling. i say "you [censored] piece of [censored] punk motherfucker!" i pick up his skateboard. he says "whats your deal bro?" i say, "you, you [censored] piece of [censored]. you ever had your ass whipped?" he says, "sorry mr." and starts walking the other way, nevermind i have his skateboard. i yelled and said other obscenities but in the moment i can't really remember what they were, what i typed is the only thing i can for sure remember what i screamed b/c it was the first thing out of my mouth.

i take his skateboard and snap it over a tree and hand it to him and told him that he needs to be careful who he is flipping off and that he needs to respect other peoples property. i told him that he would have [censored] up my car that i would have [censored] him up worse. i told him to go home and remember this cause next time someone might not reason with him.

stay calm...stay calm...stay calm...these are just kids...these are just kids...these are just kids...this is all i kept saying to myself.

i wrote this b/c sometimes we let stress build up in our lives and we don't deal with it until it is too late, and when it is too late we let it out on people that don't deserve it.

the guy at the theater was a prick yeah, what if he fought back and i hit him, was it worth it? nah.

what if the kid got pissed i broke his skateboard and swung and i beat up a minor, was it worth it? nah.

just drive off next time TD...just go play some tennis...talk to you later.

pokerdirty
09-27-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i take his skateboard and snap it over a tree and hand it to him and told him that he needs to be careful who he is flipping off and that he needs to respect other peoples property.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else see something wrong here? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
not that your actions weren't justified, but out of curiosity, are you frequently described as a "crazy old coot"?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
http://files.slonov.net/files/film/Falling_Down/wallpaper/1024/Falling_Down_001.jpg

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-27-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i take his skateboard and snap it over a tree and hand it to him and told him that he needs to be careful who he is flipping off and that he needs to respect other peoples property.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He should've snapped the board either over his knee or the kid's face.

SossMan
09-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Just a suggestion.....please don't hurt me. (http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/anger.html)

NoTalent
[ QUOTE ]
he regains his balance and at this point is through the aisle and his walking down the steps and not looking back. i say, "your [censored] world!" my girlfriend is [censored] pissed off at this point . so i decide to calm down. but to be honest i want to [censored] kill this guy for his lack of respect and common desency for other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't quite understand what happened here. Did he jump over you after he fell over? What did you say to him when he was walking away? F your world?

I can understand getting pissed in both these locations. I'm glad you didn't mess with any of those kids because beating up a minor can carry very bad consequences.

Just stop and count to 10. It has helped me in the past.

Amid Cent
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure do, now I have to buy a new skateboard.

pokerdirty
[ QUOTE ]
http://files.slonov.net/files/film/Falling_Down/wallpaper/1024/Falling_Down_001.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my idol. If you weren't a michigan fan.

pokerdirty
09-27-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a suggestion.....please don't hurt me. (http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/anger.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap.

09-27-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How the hell do you snap a skateboard over a tree? They're kinda hard to break.

Well if this story's true, I like your style.

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 05:18 PM
I feel your pain, man. Too many idiots in the world. Just think about the two chicks I'm buying you someday. That might help.

swede123
First incident, seems like you were pretty much justified to be a cock, since he was a much bigger cock in the first place (hey, let's rub our cocks together?).

The second scenario, I think you overreacted a bit. You cussed the kids out and nothing happened to your wheels. That should have been the end of it.

Swede

dcasper70
Those kids should have kicked some fukcing sense into you, you self centered cokcsucker.

Edit: oops, almost forgot... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

shant
09-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Relax

Crimson
09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
I had a similar incident in a theather, and ended up kickin the [censored] outa some kid. You're right, its not worth it.

SCfuji
09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
the skateboard hit the car, not you. your car wants revenge, so run it over.

B Dids
09-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm not a very violent person, but the skateboard part seems appropriate.

The movie thing is kinda passive agressive, and you'd be better off just talking to the guy and telling him he's an ass. You're a large professional athelete, he'd probably listen.

private joker
09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
http://www.sf-film.dk/sf/film/images/Anger_management_plakat.jpg

miajag81
09-27-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First incident, seems like you were pretty much justified to be a cock, since he was a much bigger cock in the first place (hey, let's rub our cocks together?).

The second scenario, I think you overreacted a bit. You cussed the kids out and nothing happened to your wheels. That should have been the end of it.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the opposite way. He overreacted in the first scenario, or maybe not so much overreated as acted like a passive-aggressive toolbox. I would have just told the guy straight out he was a moron for not getting up sooner.

The second scenario, he would have been more than justified in smashing the skateboard over the kid's head.

swede123
09-27-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.sf-film.dk/sf/film/images/Anger_management_plakat.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Anger Management has a much better Danish title: "Laughing, Crying and Crazyness."

Swede

siccjay
09-27-2005, 05:36 PM
I think you did alright. I probably would have ended up in a fight in the theater. I'd have a new skateboard though.

09-27-2005, 05:45 PM
I guess sometimes ...you just have do draw a line in the sand. You did. Nothing wrong with that. It is usually uncomfortable but unavoidable at times.

polltard

oddjob
09-27-2005, 05:58 PM
all of you sound like douchebags

lucas9000
09-27-2005, 06:02 PM
so now you're saying to just ignore when people act like pricks to you, and smile as they [censored] with you? [censored] that. if someone acts like an [censored], treat them like an [censored].

note: this does not necessarily mean i think you handled the two situations you described reasonably...though maybe you did.

BWebb
09-27-2005, 06:03 PM
http://www.epinions.com/images/opti/42/ff/513794-music-resized200.jpg

Inthacup
09-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Running over the skateboard with your car is the correct play. Other than that, I don't really see the problem with your actions. Although, I do see a problem with your mentality .

There's nothing wrong with being confrontational. Many times it's necessary. However, it shouldn't be done while on the brink of blowing up. Accept the fact that the other guy is in the wrong, and that you're right to stand up for yourself. If it comes to a fight, so be it.

imported_anacardo
09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
All your previous posts suggest that you're a pretty stand-up guy, and both responses seemed to be about on the right level. Though,in the first, it might be better to just tell the guy to ask you to move.

That "step back and try again with a running start" move, though... ooooooh weeeeee. Surprised that didn't end up in the parking lot.

Good job with neither one of these ending in with a real fight.

imported_anacardo
09-27-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your solution, Genius? Let's hear it.

09-27-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Insanity Later!

09-27-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And what would you do? Throw your shoe at them?

oddjob
09-27-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your solution, Genius? Let's hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

not be a douchbag

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I like your play in both situations and in fact, I expected a lot more pussy responses from OOT. nh all around.

JDErickson
09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Exactly the right way to handle both situations. Next time the idiots will think twice before being idiots. You just improved the world

tdarko
09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
ok, just got back from playing tennis.
[ QUOTE ]
I don't quite understand what happened here. Did he jump over you after he fell over? What did you say to him when he was walking away? F your world?

[/ QUOTE ]
when i knee'd him it kind of pushed him out into the aisle.

i said "your f*cking world!"

tdarko
09-27-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just think about the two chicks I'm buying you someday. That might help.

[/ QUOTE ]
will do. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oddjob
09-27-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly the right way to handle both situations. Next time the idiots will think twice before being idiots. You just improved the world

[/ QUOTE ]

what world do you live in? idiots are idiots for a reason. now they think that might makes right, so as long as they're tougher then next guy, they have nothing to worry about.

so now everyone who is smaller then these people are going to get the brunt of their douchebagness.

JDErickson
09-27-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what world do you live in? idiots are idiots for a reason. now they think that might makes right, so as long as they're tougher then next guy, they have nothing to worry about.

so now everyone who is smaller then these people are going to get the brunt of their douchebagness.

[/ QUOTE ]

No right makes right. The idiots now know they are dicks and that some people won't stand for it. They will think twice before trying it again. Theater dick will be more courteous next time and skateboard idiot will be a little more careful.

tdarko
09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you do have a point and i see what you are saying. if the parents have failed the kids then a random stranger snapping on him isn't going to correct him.

but do you let people run you over for the rest of your life? this is when you build up anger and take it out on people that aren't deserving IMO.

Supersetoy
09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My rule in fights is:

1) If they swing first, it's on.
2) If they are hurting a loved one, ignore 1).

I like the movie theater situation. In my (idiotic, pissed off, angry at the idiots in this world) opinion, I would've done more. Having him fall was great, but I would've chewed him out even further once he got back...maybe provoking him to go to 1) in my fight rules.

The skateboard though, I yell and cuss, and then try to hit the kid in the head with (or maybe one of his punk friends) by chasing them and then throwing it back at them. But, that's just me, and rarely do people want to fight me.

oddjob
09-27-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you do have a point and i see what you are saying. if the parents have failed the kids then a random stranger snapping on him isn't going to correct him.

but do you let people run you over for the rest of your life? this is when you build up anger and take it out on people that aren't deserving IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm a big guy, and can be intimidating, but i feel physical confrontation is a last resort kind of thing. you'd be surprised at how much it freaks out people if you try to talk to them rationally, and call them out on their [censored].

like, saying, "there's really no need to just push your way through. i'm sure people will move if you ask."

or, "hey kid, why did you just throw your skateboard at my car and flick me off?"

he'll give some lame ass excuse "you almost hit me" "you're driving like a dick"

then you can retort in a very rational manner.

rational conversation really confuses people like this, and sometimes makes them think in my experience, more so then just physical confrontation.

many times i've just asked people what they're problem is in a very calm voice, and you should hear their really lame excuses. sometimes they realize how stupid they just were, and if not, everyone around will.

imported_anacardo
Might DOES make right, or at least, right must, in the end, somewhere, no matter how pacifistic and gentle your society, rest on might, or right is helpless.

As for your other suggestion: Shrug. That's not my problem. They chose to step out of the world of human kindness and into the world of assholes, and should be treated as such, in fair measure.

Supersetoy
[ QUOTE ]
now they think that might makes right, so as long as they're tougher then next guy, they have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the way I think. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Someone pisses me off face to face, I immediately think: Can I beat this guy up? Is he going to kick my arse?

And then I go from there. These thoughts help me when lifting weights and hitting the heavy bag.

tdarko
09-27-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My rule in fights is:

1) If they swing first, it's on.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a terrible rule.

and me saying this isn't saying you should start fights. whoever said, "the man who throws the first punch started it," was an idiot.

the man who throws the first punch wins the fight nine times out of ten and personally i want to be the guy who wins the fight, especially if i don't know the guy. i know if i hit a guy first and connect there isn't much chance for him cause i won't stop (trust me this isn't and hasn't always been the case, but i know it gives me the best chance of survival) and of course you only swing when you know that a fight cannot be prevented.

my rule:

if the fight is going to happen-i always swing first.

tdarko
09-27-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, i'm a big guy, and can be intimidating, but i feel physical confrontation is a last resort kind of thing. you'd be surprised at how much it freaks out people if you try to talk to them rationally, and call them out on their [censored].

like, saying, "there's really no need to just push your way through. i'm sure people will move if you ask."

or, "hey kid, why did you just throw your skateboard at my car and flick me off?"

he'll give some lame ass excuse "you almost hit me" "you're driving like a dick"

rational conversation really confuses people like this, and sometimes makes them think in my experience, more so then just physical confrontation.

many times i've just asked people what they're problem is in a very calm voice, and you should hear their really lame excuses. sometimes they realize how stupid they just were, and if not, everyone around will.

[/ QUOTE ]
i see your point.

what if the kid hit the side of my door leaving a large dent and scratch? whats your play?

oddjob
09-27-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i see your point.

what if the kid hit the side of my door leaving a large dent and scratch? whats your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

well [censored], it's on, i'd kick the crap out of him.

i don't know. i'd probably call the cops or something. it would really piss me off, but i don't think i'd actually bring myself to beat the crap out of some kid, even if he did deserve it. maybe call the cops, and if he tries to leave, try to detain him, and if he still tries to get away, use his own hand to make him smack himself, while repeating "quit hitting yourself"

Supersetoy
09-27-2005, 06:56 PM
The rule has served me well. I have never been knocked out or messed up after the first punch. With the whole "might = right" bit, I tend to pick fights I think I have a chance to survive in, so I've never faced anyone who was 6 inches taller than me or 50-100 lbs heaver. I have had my lip bloodied, shirts ripped, and my ear punched (honestly, the worst punch I think I've ever received), but looking back on the fights now (haven't been in for about 4 years now) no one ever actually "won" the fight.

Almost all of my physical fights have come on the basketball court, and usually end up getting broken up by other players. It's tough to keep a stand-up punching fight going as one guy usually grabs the other. It is definitely one hell of an adrenaline rush though while it's happening.

tdarko
09-27-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i'd actually bring myself to beat the crap out of some kid, even if he did deserve it

[/ QUOTE ]
this is exactly what i told my gf on the way to her place right after this happened and this is exactly what calmed me down. i kept thinking, "christ, these are just some punk kids?!"

in the end they wouldn't even be worth it, now their parents that's another story.

the guy in the movie theater that too is another story /images/graemlins/grin.gif

imported_anacardo
09-27-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the guy in the movie theater that too is another story

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. What the [censored].

Was he drunk? What the hell are you thinking when you BACK UP and TRY AGAIN with a BIT OF A RUNNING START?

Unbelievable. How can you look someone in the eye after trying a stunt like that?

tdarko
09-27-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you look someone in the eye after trying a stunt like that?

[/ QUOTE ]
he never did. after the little running start/me kneeing him bit, he got up regained his balance and walked down the stairs and never looked back up. this is why i yelled, "your [censored] world!" then instead of facing me (looking me in the eye) he went the through the trouble of having to run over/step over twice as many people cause he went to the other side of the aisle to walk across when he came back.

there is a little more to it. after the movie i am in the bathroom taking a piss and he walks in and see's me at the urinal and walked right back out the door, when i walked out of the bathroom he wasn't outside or anything. my gf said, "i saw your friend walk into the bathroom and walk right back out." haha.

gonores
09-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I wholeheartedly endorse the first activity.

I wholeheartedly endorse the second activity.

Dude threw a skateboard at your car. Sorry pal, once your projectile hits my person or my possession, it becomes my possession, and I will do with it what I wish. I'd drive home comfortably, thinking about how those kids probably taught him a lesson that all the timeouts mom and dad gave him couldn't teach. Personally, I'd have just driven away with the skateboard, but your idea was fine too.

Laying a hand on the kid...that's different.

bernie
09-27-2005, 07:14 PM
God what a great post.

Anyone ever try to run over a skateboard with a car? It isn't easy. However, if the little prick threw his skateboard, his skateboard is gone. When I got to that part I actually was thinking, wow, he actually threw it at your car. (reminds me of that video of the idiot throwing his skateboard around in a parking lot, then beating some guy with it. The sick thing was, no one helped the guy. they just stood by and watched even though they all thought this kid was a punk.) He hits my car, him or his parents, who of course will take the side that their little angel can do no wrong, are going to pay for it. Funny that he was walking away w/o his skateboard after he threw it and before you got out of your car.

The guy in the theatre? What's great is you can play it off and say you were moving out of his way and he caught your knee. After all, he was raring to run through.

Sure both situations could've been handled differently. Screw it. I wish more people would be called on their sh*t. When they are given an inch, some idiots will take it as far as they can.

b

gildwulf
09-27-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry pal, once your projectile hits my person or my possession, it becomes my possession

[/ QUOTE ]

This defense will definitely hold up in a court of law.

Yeti
09-27-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anger Management has a much better Danish title: "Laughing, Crying and Crazyness."

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds too much like BigSteve's next signature.

tdarko - I like the way you roll.

Eurotrash
09-27-2005, 07:59 PM
i think you handled this well on all streets. good story, too.

masse75
09-27-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly he should have broken it over his head.

wrongarm300
09-28-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny because that was the first thing I thought. Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black

09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
To be honest, you barely snapped. I predict that within the next 48 hours you really snap. Get back to us with that story, it should be great!

Victor
09-28-2005, 02:50 PM
i was riding my bike on the trail yesterday. as i passed 2 middle aged woman (i gave proper notice) they yelled at me that i was riding too fast and needed to be more careful.

i shoulda killed them.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-28-2005, 02:54 PM
I really liked that you broke the punk's skateboard. I probably just would have taken it for fear of not being able to break it. You seem bigger than me though so whatever works for you.

[ QUOTE ]
blockbuster to return some tapes

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me laugh though.