PDA

View Full Version : tv show: learn from the poker pros?

09-27-2005, 05:03 PM
i saw this come up on tv guide, on foxsports tonight and 4 more times this week.

anyone know what the deal is? is this the show daniel negrenau was talking about being a part of in his blog?

timprov
09-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I hate how all these have similar names. Is this the one with Sklansky, Todd Brunson, and Mike Matusow? We had them running through our on demand for a while, they weren't much, but a couple of decent moments.

09-27-2005, 06:55 PM
i did some digging, and it looks like this is not the sklansky/brunson show.

it does look like the show daniel was involved in, and it looks like it will mostly be a cast of full tilt pros.

http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com/online-poker-play2128.html

x2ski
09-27-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i saw this come up on tv guide, on foxsports tonight and 4 more times this week.

anyone know what the deal is? is this the show daniel negrenau was talking about being a part of in his blog?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seeing MLB on FXSN tonight... wtf?

09-27-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm seeing MLB on FXSN tonight... wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]
Local team programming always comes first on FSN. They pay through the nose to cover those teams.

Fortunately, they repeat their shows a lot.

09-28-2005, 12:23 AM
i thought the show was pretty entertaining.

round table had some pretty interesting insights into the top pros.

segment on jesus throwing cards we have all seen before, but i liked the camerawork by fox.

hellmuth was entertaining as always...

i look forward to the rest of it. did they say 26 episodes in all?

KramerTM
09-28-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
round table had some pretty interesting insights into the top pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was far and away the best segment.

[ QUOTE ]
segment on jesus throwing cards we have all seen before, but i liked the camerawork by fox.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was during this portion of the show that I felt like I was watching Sesame Street.

[ QUOTE ]
did they say 26 episodes in all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. And supposedly the shows get more and more advanced as it goes on.

MCS
10-04-2005, 04:25 PM
I liked the roundtable part.

Also the fact that I actually got to hear Phil Ivey speak at a poker table for once.