PDA

View Full Version : PS $27t JJ preflop call fold or push

Roland32
09-27-2005, 04:13 PM
what would you do?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t1560)
MP1 (t2050)
MP2 (t1510)
Hero (t1460)
CO (t1710)
Button (t800)
SB (t1420)
BB (t1530)
UTG (t1460)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t20, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t380</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t510

Sabrazack
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I really don't think you can push with stacks this deep. Unless you know the reraiser will reraise with a wide range. I fold here too.

Paragon
09-27-2005, 04:35 PM
I probably call after utg limp... But if I raised like you did and got re-raised, I would fold. You cannot call in hopes for a set, but if you really put the guy on AK then you can take a look and auto commit yourself if you have overpair. However, the precise 3-bet screams strength, and I'd be duly impressed if it was "only" AK.

Early rounds of these PS sng's are very nerve wracking for me because I cannot get reads. Is this guy an idiot making some "pro" bluff this early with A9s (I've seen it) or is he sane and telling you he has the goods? Because of this, I really try to keep all pots as small as possible pre flop unless I have a AA/KK.

However, I don't mind raising JJ pf too much at L1 blinds, but perhaps in slightly later position. I'd be doing it for information purposes rather than value though, so I might only pop it up to 60, making it easier to laydown if utg re-raises like he did. I do this because it's sad to limp behind then get confused when you find yourself against QQ allin post flop on a rag board in what was merely some 80 chip pot. The cheapest street to find out you have underpair is pre flop, although it might be more difficult to interpret the action.