PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Bush sites

nicky g
05-14-2003, 11:10 AM
An email and a website that have been doing the rounds. Neither originate from or anyone I know.

Email:

George W. Bush Resume

Past work experience:
Ran for congress and lost. Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie. Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after he sold all his stock. Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox. With father's help (and his name), was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments:
Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of his father's appointees to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:
Attacked and took over two countries. Spent the huge surpluses and bankrupted the treasury. Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history. Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period. Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market. First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record. First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history. After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history. Set the record for more campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.

In his first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs. Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history. Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history. Set the record for the lowest number of press conferences of any president since the advent of television. Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.

Presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed. Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have. Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest a US action (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history. His presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history. Members of his cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history (the 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, curiously has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).

First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt. Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world. Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States. Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission. First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board. Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount ofcongressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. Withdrew from the World Court of Law. Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and, by default, no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions. First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations. His biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history. Firstpresident in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1). First US president to establish a secretive 'shadow government'.

Received a tremendous level of world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history). With his policy of'disengagement,' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

First US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view his presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability. First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts. Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

Failed to fulfill his pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'. Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months he has no leads and zero suspects. In the 18 months following the 911 attacks he has successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

He has removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any
other president in US history. In a little over two years created the most
divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been
since the Civil War. He entered office with the strongest economy in US
history and in less than two years turned every single economic category
heading straight down.

Interesting facts:
He has at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving
record has been erased and is not available). AWOL from National Guard and
deserted the military during a time of war.

Refused to take drug tests or even answer any questions about drug use.
All records of his tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to
his father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records of any SEC investigations into his possible insider trading
>or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
>All minutes of meetings for any public corporation where he served on the
>board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. Any records or
>minutes from meetings he (or his VP) attended regarding public energy policy
>are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

MMMMMM
05-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Besides the numerous and obvious lies in this listing, there is at least one glaring real problem mentioned:

"Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history"

Now, that's a problem.

nicky, perhaps you could answer this question for me;-): just why do Europeans put up with $4.00 a gallon gasoline? You guys even have all that Brent North Sea Crude up there, you're closer than us to the Middle East, and you still pay absurd prices (over twice what we pay). Why?

nicky g
05-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Lol, I dunno. I don't drive so I don't really care. I presume it's due to high taxes, which a lot of people see as a good idea to reduce pollution and provide investment for more environmentally friendly forms of transport. Suits me, though the funds aren't spent very well here in the UK where all forms of transport are disastrous.

Which are the obvious lies.

Cyrus
05-14-2003, 01:58 PM
The reason oil prices in Europe for the consumer are higher than in the U.S. is strictly the higher taxation. (This also makes for a nicer incentive for contraband!)

Europeans rightly consider crude oil to be finite -- an unbelievable concept to the American voter. Europeans also consider oil to be produced at the expense of future generations, so they partially price that expense into the cost. At least, that's the idea.

Me? I go by Luttwak who claimed that "the solution to the high oil prices, is ..even higher oil prices !"

MMMMMM
05-14-2003, 02:11 PM
I suspected it was because Europeans wanted to pay more for gas, LOL.

"He entered office with the strongest economy in US
history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down." When Bush took office the economy was already in trouble.

"Failed to fulfill his pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'." Did he say for sure he'd do it by May, 2003?

"Presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history"--I thought the Arab oil embargo of the 70's and resultant gas lines was our biggest energy crisis.

"With his policy of'disengagement,' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years." I thought Arafat walking away from talks and starting the "intifada" created the bigger change toward hostilities. Granted the writer slyly saves himself by using the comparison of "most" not "most changed" but it's intellectually dishonest nonetheless.

"First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea." This is an outnought lie. There was a bit of sentiment in this direction very briefly--until we suggested removing or moving our troops from the boder zone, LOL. Then the Southies begged us to stay and held demonstrations for our continued presence.

There is more slanted stuff than outright lies but it's a sad attempt unless it's just meant to be funny.

By the way, the U.N.'s anti-U.S. positions, and the views of that 71% of Europeans, speak more to the disingenousness of the U.N. and the socialized brainwashing of the European street than to any flaws in current U.S. policy. And viewing 'peace' as always being more important than 'liberty' is misguided at best. Sure there can be peace with tyrants if we just let them continue to tyrannize. But some people view human rights and liberty as sometimes being more important than 'peace.'

Europe is getting stupider, more socialized, more Islamized, and less principled. Kohl and Thatcher were much better, and under them your economies were much better too. A word to the wise.

nicky g
05-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Dear me. Calling us stupid because we don't share all US attitudes is a bit much, dear M.

Jimbo
05-14-2003, 03:23 PM
You don't drive and do not live in the USA yet are fixated on our president, pretty scary.

Parmenides
05-14-2003, 03:35 PM
He is the by far the worst CEO this country has ever seen. He's benefited from the media being co-opted by crooks like R. Murdoch. The media ignores the truth and publishes lies like Iraq had an active nuclear program and other WMD.

Parmenides
05-14-2003, 03:37 PM
You should properly state our unelected dictator.

Jimbo
05-14-2003, 03:43 PM
"You should properly state our unelected dictator.

Last time I checked President Bush won the election like everyone else has in the past, he got more electoral college votes than his supposed competition.

nicky g
05-14-2003, 03:52 PM
What does not driving have to do with it? (Is it anti-American?)

I think fixated is a bit strong. I have a strong interested in US politics; my wife's American and I've spent a lot of time in the US. You also probably don't realise how much American news we get over here - a lot. Furthermore the ramifications of Bush's election are not exactly confined to the US - sadly. I was in the States during the election debacle which might have a lot to do with my interest in Bush's election, which I think was illegitimate. But mainly I play poker and when I came across this forum I found having discussions on it quite fun. I could start discussions on UK or Irish politics but I doubt I'd get many takers.

Jimbo
05-14-2003, 04:43 PM
You seeemed concerned about any oil interests our President may have yet you stated you don't even drive so the price of fuel is not important to you. On a regular basis you seek out articles critical of our President with no concern as to their veracity yet live in a teeny weeny country very far away. Yes I do consider this an unhealthy fixation.

John Cole
05-15-2003, 12:39 AM
when you put it like that and take everything out of context.

John

MMMMMM
05-15-2003, 01:44 AM
I'm not saying Europeans are dumb if they don't agree with us on all or even on most counts. However specifically saying Bush is the greatest threat to world peace is, IMO, pretty senseless.

Also, I don't think you were posting here when I made a series of scathing posts about how Americans have been getting dumber on average in recent years. More informed, but less capable of using that information to derive logical conclusions. In this series of posts I also roundly criticized American culture as being tasteless, crude and lacking in education as compared to European culture.

MMMMMM
05-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Actually the price of fuel is very important to nickyg even if he doesn't drive. The overtaxation of fuel in Europe raises the prices of most everything else nicky buys, because it costs more to deliver everything except perhaps email. This in turn raises the prices of almost all goods and services.

nicky g
05-15-2003, 01:02 PM
"You seeemed concerned about any oil interests our President may have yet you stated you don't even drive so the price of fuel is not important to you"

Right. When have I even mentioned fuel prices, aprt from respondng to M's question about why they were high in Europe? I don't suppose it occurs to you that there are any other possible concerns regarding Bush's oil links than gas prices? Like environmental issues, motivations behind the war, global energy issues, corporate influence etc? I realise you don't believe those are actual problems but even you will agree the oil industry is relevant to more than just gasoline prices. The people who have the President's ear are of legitimate interest whoever they are.

As for deliberately searching out articles, as I said both of those were emailed to me within five minutes of each other. They're just the usual email round robins everyone gets, which I thought some people might find interesting. I don't recall ever posting other articles about Bush - I may have posted one or two but certainly not on a regular basis. Almost all of the other articles I've posted have been about the war or Israel.

You are really quite a perverse individual if you think noone outside the US can have any legitimate interest in the man who occupies the most powerful political position in the world. As I said in the last article many of Bush's policies have affected people worldwide.

nicky g
05-15-2003, 01:32 PM

MMMMMM
05-15-2003, 02:30 PM
...and by the way nicky I certainly don't think you're dumb;-) Also I apologize for the tone of the initial remark.

Jimbo
05-15-2003, 03:25 PM
"You are really quite a perverse individual if you think noone outside the US can have any legitimate interest in the man who occupies the most powerful political position in the world. As I said in the last article many of Bush's policies have affected people worldwide.

Why yes I am quite perverse but that has nothing to do with my views regarding your obsession.

"? I don't suppose it occurs to you that there are any other possible concerns regarding Bush's oil links than gas prices? Like environmental issues, motivations behind the war, global energy issues, corporate influence etc? I realise you don't believe those are actual problems but even you will agree the oil industry is relevant to more than just gasoline prices. The people who have the President's ear are of legitimate interest whoever they are.

I do agree that more than fuel prices are relevant though not much more. As far as to whom the president seeks counsel from it is to be expected that successful businessmen would have his ear rather than street peddlers or foreign critics. To believe otherwise is truly naive.

Utah
05-15-2003, 05:54 PM
Slept with an Intern - Whoops. That was two democrats

Lied to a federal Grand Jury and the nation point blank. Crap. Wrong again. That was Slick Willie.

Protected the American people, kicked a$#% and cleaned up the mess left by the gutless weenies that preceded him (whose inaction led to the deaths of 3,000 Americans and shattered the American feeling of security). Yep. Got that one right.

Let the world know that the US was not to be f#$@% with. That was him too.

Is the "hate America" crowd still sore about the election?

Parmenides
05-15-2003, 06:11 PM
You forgot snorted cocaine so badly that his nose twitches.

You forgot that Bush knew about 9/11 before hand and did nothing to stop it. How did that protect the American people? He sacrificed 3,000 so that his oil buddies could rip off the taxpayers and make more money.

Fascist types are bootlicking stooges.

Anadrol 50
05-15-2003, 07:22 PM
You don't drive ?

Cyrus
05-16-2003, 03:14 AM
"You seeemed concerned about any oil interests our President may have yet you stated you don't even drive so the price of fuel is not important to you. On a regular basis you seek out articles critical of our President with no concern as to their veracity yet live in a teeny weeny country very far away. Yes I do consider this an unhealthy fixation."

It is quite obvious that the whole world is affected by what the United States, the sole superpower of the planet does, thinks and acts on. It is therefore quite amusing when American superpatriots object to naysayers, dissidents and just plain opponents of American supremacy, on the basis of Jimbo's argument (ie what business is that of yours??). The superpatriots won't have anyone contesting or second-guessing in the slightest domestic or foreign American policy, despite both affecting us all Earthlings.

Funnily enough, those same Americans will welcome any and all expressions of support, sympathy or general pro-Americanism --- with the jest and rush of the perennial kid with its hand firmly in the jar. A guilty complex, if I ever saw one.

And that dismissal of other countries as "teeny weeny", well.. Testosterone has been guiding American foreign policy for decades now. We should not be surprised by such sentiments.

So, yes, Jimbo, yours is bigger than ours! Can you just play with it, on your own, and in your own backyard, and leave us alone, please? (Pretty please, with sugar on top.)

nicky g
05-16-2003, 05:42 AM
I am no fan of Clinton either. Your other remarks aren't really worth responding to.

nicky g
05-16-2003, 05:44 AM
I live in the centre of London. There's really no point, and parking, traffic etc is nightmarish.

IrishHand
05-16-2003, 08:54 AM
You may be surprised to discover that the US is the only country where basically everyone thinks they can't survive without a car. Blame it on culture, poor infrastructure, or short-sightedness...

ACPlayer
05-16-2003, 12:59 PM
However specifically saying Bush is the greatest threat to world peace is, IMO, pretty senseless

Why? Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to be saying and questioning?

Dunno if it is true or not, and no one can know that until the the events are played out. For example if the middle east becomes a peaceful place then his policies promoted peace; if terrorist activities stop then maybe so.

However, if the events play out differently then he would have proven to have been the greatest threat to world peace.

One has to remember that so far two countries have been brutalized and the world is not yet a more peaceful place. In fact, neither Afghanistan or Iraq are countries in which you would like to travel to, despite both having great things worth seeing and experiencing.

Jimbo
05-16-2003, 02:20 PM
"In fact, neither Afghanistan or Iraq are countries in which you would like to travel to, despite both having great things worth seeing and experiencing.

You are implying that you were gonne zip over to Afghanistan for a little weekend getaway then perhaps stop off in Iraq for some tea on your way back home. It is more probable you could not have distinguished between the two countries on a map before the US liberated them.

Even if peace in the Middle East does not occur that is not to say that it is because we liberated some of the residents of the area. They have been at war for many hundreds of years, it will take some time to determine the effects of our actions.

ACPlayer
05-17-2003, 12:37 AM
I agree, and that is precisely the point, that it will take some time before we know if this President advanced the cause of peace.

It is far more likely that I know about these places then you think. I have been fortunate in that in my life I have lived on 3 continents and travelled in two others.

I for one would love to visit both Afghanistan and Iraq, and am planning to be in Istanbul later this year.

MMMMMM
05-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Yes, but Cyrus, the testosterone levels of the average American male have greatly declined (really, look it up) since the early parts of the 20th century, and therein lie the root causes of many of our society's problems. Oddly enough too, the average American female today also displays a tendency towards less feminine physical attributes: narrower hips, smaller breasts, less curves overall and more masculine attributes (and this is not only due to being less fat). Of course, all of this is responsible for more problems. Suspected causes are certain specific environmental pollutants and possibly diet. In the case of men especially, the fatter a man is as a percentage of total body mass, the less masculine hormones he produces and the more female hormones he produces. No wonder we're becoming a society of politically correct sheeple. Moral: don't mess with Mother Nature.

MMMMMM
05-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Well just count up all the terrorist attacks that have disturbed world peace over the last decade or so, and then consider whether Bush or the terrorists are the greater threat to world peace. Unless of course you don't consider terrorist attacks all over the world to be an assault on world peace.

ACPlayer
05-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Well, perhaps you are offering a non-sequiter. There is no doubt that the terrorist are a threat to world peace. However, the question still remains the same -- have the two wars to date increased or decreased the level of risk to peace on earth and goodwill towards all.

One should consider the following questions as the events unfold over the next few years --

1. Is the US population safer now that before -- and is that related to the war or increased vigilance?
2. Are the other people in the world safer now than before and consider the following specific population groups: Israeli citizens; Palestinian citizens(??); Middle east citizens (specially Iraqi citizens who's lives have been disrupted);
3. Now, i am aware you are generally dismissive of all governments that are not willing to toe the US line, but has there been a cost to the US by the trans-atlantic rift - with Germany and France. Germany specifically is one of the most biggest economies of the world. The US shares historic roots and ties with these countries and peoples (as a non-white, non-christian, myself - i have been bemused by the rift in this age old partnership caused by, what I view as, a tinpot despot who had been crippled by 12 years of house arrest)
4. Is the respect for the US (not just the fear) growing or diminishing?
5. What are the costs of reconstruction -- assuming we see them through (which i think is a big assumption, given the increasing costs and probable lack of enough oil revenue) -- going to hurt the US ability to properly go after the "war on terror"

While, we can give off the cuff answers to these, the legacy of the these two wars will be written based on events and how the above and other such questions play out over the next few years. I know you have opinions on these subject -- but to say that the world is presently more peaceful or even necessarily on a path to more peace appears to be a bit pre-mature.

MMMMMM
05-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Without addressing all your points, thus far the war on terror has captured about half of al Qaeda's senior leadership and deprived them of their "home base." Other terrorists around the world are being captured too.

Fortunately, the "hydra" theory is quite wrong. Defeating terrorists reduces their numbers rather than increasing them. What actually increases the numbers of fanatical terrorists like al Qaeda (an extremist religious organization), is allowing them to continue inflicting mayhem and continuing to train and recruit. And of course fanatical teachings, drilled into the heads of Arab youths in madrassas across the Middle East, or in government Saudi schools, increases terrorism.

Bury the religious terrorists in pigskin so they can't go to Paradise according to their beliefs, since these religious lunatics want to die taking as many Western innocents with them as possible.

Remember the dire warnings of how the Arab street would rise up against the West over the Iraq war? As we have seen, it doesn't work like that;-)

ACPlayer
05-19-2003, 11:35 AM
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EE20Ak02.html

You may be interested in this viewpoint.