PDA

View Full Version : BB donks bet pot.

Filip
09-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($172.55)
Button ($55.40)
SB ($55.15)
BB ($83.45)
UTG ($50.65)
Hero ($156.85)
MP2 ($85.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, MP2 calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($14) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $14</font>, Hero ??

Is this a great bluff? Why would he lead out, ive seen this play a couple of times and it perplexes me.

DRKEVDC
09-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Is it too obvious to state that he called you with JJxx and has hit his set? He probably puts you on a high pair and will charge you a premium to outdraw him. Now if his xx is 65 he is also looking at the straight draw.

09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I've seen this many times. About half the time they have and half the time it is a complete bluff. The villian has obviously marked you for A-A-x-x or K-K-x-x and is testing you on a relatively uncoordinated board. The problem for you is that way, way to many hand beat you here, forcing you to fold.

Generally, a fold is in order here. If you have a really good read on your opponent and know him to be the sort that would make this move with nothing, you could call and see what happens on the turn. Obviously, a 2h would look pretty nice here. IMO, putting any money into this pot though is probably -EV.

In the end, the lesson is to limp reraise from EP with that hand, if you want to pump up the pot pre-flop.

Filip
09-27-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In the end, the lesson is to limp reraise from EP with that hand, if you want to pump up the pot pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table is weaktight so i am alone in doing any preflop raising.

If he puts me on AA or KK and have hit this uncordinated board then why isnt he going for a checkraise?

09-27-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If he puts me on AA or KK and have hit this uncordinated board then why isnt he going for a checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your the one that called him a donk right?

I can think of 2 reasons: 1) He wants to protect his hand and signal to the other callers that he is willing to take on the PF raiser 2) He wants your whole stack.

Reason 1 is kind of weak. Reason 2 is a lot more interesting. Looking at the hand from his perspective, he might be thinking a couple of things: namely, i have crap, but am gonna bluff this guy off the pot or i am going to pot my made hand and see if my opponent will make a mistake and overplay his high pocket pair.

Bluffing picks up the pot with crap and only risks 10% of his stack, which isn't too bad. Check raising wins him an extra 9 bucks, because you will probably lay it down right there. Potting and hoping you overplay either wins the pot (so-so) or nets him half to all of your stack (very nice).