PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Dags. Always a brides maid, never a bride.

dmoney
09-27-2005, 02:50 PM
John SUPPOSEDLY has never won a Major tournament. Since everyone likes to make comparisons to people (Phil Ivey to Tiger Woods) How about John D'agistino is the Phil Mickelson of the Poker world. Always a brides maid, never a bride.

Cant close the deal /images/graemlins/smile.gif ahaha. if u read this Dags im just buggin :P

09-27-2005, 03:09 PM
hard to do when your opponent hits running 7's on you in an all-in pot when you are the chipleader.

Variance. Learn it, live it, love it.

pindawg
09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
The more I think about it the more I hate his call with 10s in that spot

TomHimself
09-27-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well i guess u dont understand MTT'S. cuz hoyt was obviously raping his blinds all day and i would insta-call with TT there all day.

if he had won that hand you would be saying what a great call but since hoyt suckedout u say it was a bad call

pindawg
09-27-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well i guess u dont understand MTT'S. cuz hoyt was obviously raping his blinds all day and i would insta-call with TT there all day.

if he had won that hand you would be saying what a great call but since hoyt suckedout u say it was a bad call

[/ QUOTE ]

There are better ways in tournaments to accumalate chips then to get all your chips in against the rival chip leader as a 70/30 fav ussually at best (i know in this pot he was a bigger favorite), especially at this point in the tournament. Perhaps you're the one who doesn't understand MTTs.

drewjustdrew
09-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Are you guys kidding? Don't you know all the best players make their money by getting All-in preflop? If you don't understand that, you don't understand MTTs

09-27-2005, 03:53 PM
If he wants to coast into 2nd place money, he folds here. But then he'd have to listen to all the internet nerds implying that he never plays for first.

People say he never wins first but then say he made a bad call with a premium hand. Unreal.

Calling with TT here is a guy who is playing for FIRST and FIRST ONLY!

Quicksilvre
09-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Phil Mickelson has a major and 30 other titles.

TomHimself
09-27-2005, 03:55 PM
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
JDags: 65.2940 % 64.91% 00.38% { TT }
Hoyts: 34.7060 % 34.33% 00.38% { 22+, A2s+, K7s+, Q8s+, J9s+, T9s, A2o+, K7o+, Q8o+, J9o+ }

i guess u dont like being 2 to 1 favorite

drewjustdrew
09-27-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he wants to coast into 2nd place money, he folds here. But then he'd have to listen to all the internet nerds implying that he never plays for first.

People say he never wins first but then say he made a bad call with a premium hand. Unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing for 1st or 6th with a vice grip on 2nd and a strong chance at still taking 1st seems nutty.

I still love this debate.

TomHimself
09-27-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing for 1st or 6th with a vice grip on 2nd and a strong chance at still taking 1st seems nutty.

I still love this debate.

[/ QUOTE ]ok keep lettig hoyt rape ur blinds all day. wat do u call here with then, QQ-AA?

drewjustdrew
09-27-2005, 04:10 PM
When I find someone playing this aggressively, I let the others take their chances against him. Especially if we are the 2 dominant chip leaders. If he knocks everyone else out and we get heads up, great! If he becomes a small stack or eliminated thanks to a more controllable/conventional player beating him down, even better.

If you have confidence in your abilities, you don't have to take such a huge risk as a chip leader, even when you are likely a strong favorite preflop.

TomHimself
09-27-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have confidence in your abilities, you don't have to take such a huge risk as a chip leader, even when you are likely a strong favorite preflop.

[/ QUOTE ] then you are not a strong player

AaronO
09-27-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Mickelson has a major and 30 other titles.

[/ QUOTE ]
He has two majors, but who's counting?

drewjustdrew
09-27-2005, 04:17 PM
If you can't make adjustments to certain tournament specific situations, you are not a strong player either. You are a robot.

Quicksilvre
09-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Oops, does he? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

AaronO
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
2005 PGA. So he really has 1 1/2 majors /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TomHimself
09-27-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't make adjustments to certain tournament specific situations, you are not a strong player either. You are a robot.

[/ QUOTE ]well i guess u dont adjsut when some guy has been open pushing ur BB for a awhile

drewjustdrew
09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I didn't see every hand of the table, but there is pushing and there is pushing. That was an extreme overbet. I gotta think he had been repopped by Dags a few times when he made smaller raises and was taking the decision making out of his game (Hoyt's that is). It is easy to wait for QQ-AA on this guy cuz you know he'll throw the chips your way.

by the way, for all the people thinking going for 1st is the way to base all your decisions, did Hoyt win with all those valuable chips? No.

09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Nobody would have ever said a word about that call if Hoyt didn't suck out. People would be on here calling Hoyt an idiot. In one of the WPT events, Kido Pham called a Carlos Mortensen all in with TT risking third, with second all but locked up. We never hear a word about that becuase he didn't get bad beat. D'Agostino is 22 or 23. This thread is rediculous considering he has made like four or five televised finals ever. Poker is not like other sports where the best wins a vast majority of the time.