PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker hand histories

09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I just bought poker tracker and downloaded pokerace. It seems great so far. But pokerace is relatively useless without way more hand histories than I have. Is there anywhere I could purchase them or trade my own)?

**Apoligies if this has been covered already or if I'm somehow out of line for even asking. I did search for the subject before posting this and found nothing.

Bob T.
09-27-2005, 03:52 PM
I just set the first update to pokerace to 3 hands. You know that the data isn't statistically significant at that point, but it can be used to give a hint. You don't need a database of 1000 hands for each player, you just need an indication of how they are playing now. Sometimes I get a bad first impressions, but usually the first impressions hold up.

Aces McGee
09-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Bob...when did you start using PokerTracker? You were a notecard guy for a long time, if I remember correctly.

-McGee

Bob T.
09-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow. That is some memory. I started with notecards, then went to stattracker on paradise. When I spread out to multiple sites, pokertracker worked a lot better, and I switched over. In the beginning of June, my old computer ate itself, and I lost my database, so I bought a new computer 'Dude, we got a Dell'. I reloaded pokertracker, and at the same time started using PokerAce. I just use the default settings on pokerace, but frequently consult the full statistics on a player when I am thinking about how to play against them. I also look at my own table statistics, so I can guess what my opponents might be thinking about my play. I really like the setup this way. It let me move from playing two tables to four comfortably.

For what its worth, the notecards are still sitting on my desk, but I haven't consulted them in a long time.

jason_t
09-27-2005, 08:01 PM
You can purchase some databases from krishanleong. They are fantastic. PM him for details.

ncboiler
09-27-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just set the first update to pokerace to 3 hands. You know that the data isn't statistically significant at that point, but it can be used to give a hint. You don't need a database of 1000 hands for each player, you just need an indication of how they are playing now. Sometimes I get a bad first impressions, but usually the first impressions hold up.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Bob said. Most of the people sitting at your table you well never see again. So even after 100,000 hands you will be sitting at a table that you have no info on 6 or 7 of the people you are playing against.

krishanleong
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can purchase some databases from krishanleong. They are fantastic. PM him for details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck yeah. I've got 2/4, 3/6 short, 5/10 short data. All very recent. Website is in my profile.

Krishan

krimson
09-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Most of the people sitting at your table you well never see again. So even after 100,000 hands you will be sitting at a table that you have no info on 6 or 7 of the people you are playing against.

I disagree, I mine 3/6 and typically have stats on 80% of the players at the table, if not all of them.