PDA

View Full Version : Losing streak....Help

09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Recently I have hit the skids. Preveously I had been winning about 20 dollars an hour in .25 cent games. for about the last 9 sessions I have lost over 120.00 dollars. During this time I have had several straights beat and two full houses beat. What next. This has affected my play style. Before I couldn't lose now I can't win. Do any of you feel that it matters which seat you sit in when playing on line...I know that you should sit to the left of the aggressive players but, I mean do you think that they deal certain seats better cards? Any help would be appreciated.

paperboyNC
09-27-2005, 01:17 PM
micro limits forum. everyone has down swings. You were getting lucky before and unlucky now.

Post some hands on the micro forum.

silkyslim
09-27-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
winning about 20 dollars an hour in .25 cent games

[/ QUOTE ]
thats about average.

[ QUOTE ]
During this time I have had several straights beat and two full houses beat

[/ QUOTE ]
this almost never should happen. if it happens more than once i would seriously consider switching to another site where the players respect your raises.

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you feel that it matters which seat you sit in when playing on line

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, you need to find the lucky seat at the table. some tables might have more than one and some might not have any, in that case you need to find a lucky dealer.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean do you think that they deal certain seats better cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
not necessarily, it depends on if that player is on "win-mode" during win-mode, the site will give the player very good cards and makes sure he wins with them, but in redistrribution mode, the player will get crappy cards and a lot of "bad beats" and the lucky seat cannot help you in this case. it sounds like you are in redistribution mode and need to email the site asking them to switch you to win mode again.

ZeroPointMachine
09-27-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
winning about 20 dollars an hour in .25 cent games

[/ QUOTE ]
thats about average.

[ QUOTE ]
During this time I have had several straights beat and two full houses beat

[/ QUOTE ]
this almost never should happen. if it happens more than once i would seriously consider switching to another site where the players respect your raises.

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you feel that it matters which seat you sit in when playing on line

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, you need to find the lucky seat at the table. some tables might have more than one and some might not have any, in that case you need to find a lucky dealer.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean do you think that they deal certain seats better cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
not necessarily, it depends on if that player is on "win-mode" during win-mode, the site will give the player very good cards and makes sure he wins with them, but in redistrribution mode, the player will get crappy cards and a lot of "bad beats" and the lucky seat cannot help you in this case. it sounds like you are in redistribution mode and need to email the site asking them to switch you to win mode again.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

09-27-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like you are in redistribution mode and need to email the site asking them to switch you to win mode again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That certainly explains my 3/6 session last night. Uber LAG (86 VPIP over 120 hands) was up $300 at one point. I lost 40bb. I emailed PP just now asking them to put me back in win-mode. Still waiting for a reply.

mtdoak
09-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Is it true that the lucky seat can be identified by the post it note stuck on the seat and that you should not sit at any seat with out a yellow post it note attatched?

09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
You guys are great your wasting your time playing poker...You should take your show to a stage.