PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Questions about Dual Monitoring

adam61
09-27-2005, 11:24 AM
I've seen most of the answers to these questions in semi-similar posts but if I've learned anything about hardware it's to always ask, cause I've bought uncompatible things before working off of posts I thought were similar.

Basically, here's what I'd like to do. I play 4 tables at 1600x1200 on a 19" CRT right now. I'd like to switch to dual flat-panels playing 8 tables for the least possible cost, while still retaining high quality components. So here's my questions...

1) Is it possible? I have a Radeon X800XL 256MB video card, on an Athlon 3500+ with 1024MB of PC3200 Ram, will 8 tables plus PokerOffice run ok? Do I need ANY additional hardware with my dual monitors... adapters, second video card etc?

2) What do I need to buy? I assume I need 2 new monitors, since a sexy 20" flat screen won't go well with a 19" CRT. Is the Dell 2001fp still the only real choice when it comes to 8 tabling party skins? What is a good price to pay for the monitors I need and a good place to buy them?

3) If I play 4 of my tables on empire where should I play the other 4? I'd like rakeback and a party skin if possible. Is it really bad to play on 2 different party skin based accounts at the exact same time? Do they check for it? (Obviously playing 2 people on 1 table is a huge no-no).

Can't think of anything else, my only other real question is, other people who have done this are you happy with it? And mention any other potential snags I will hit. Thanks!

MyMindIsGoing
09-27-2005, 11:39 AM
1. Yes it is possibe, you should not need any more hardware. And if it runs slow on that machine, what set up won't it be slow on?

2. I perfer the samsung line of monitors: 213T (starting to get out of date) and being replaceed by 204T (budget 214T) and 214T (the real deal, essentialy an updated 213T. These cost alot more than the dell but ARE better. If you are on a budget, get the dells.

3. Dunno realy, play where your EV will be highest (most rake back).

mattw
09-27-2005, 04:40 PM
eurobet and multipoker offer rakeback. yes you can play 4 tables at the same at two different skins. their software will not allow you to sit at the same table with yourself.