PDA

View Full Version : That post about Lorinda, and 2+2 solidarity

Saucy
05-14-2003, 08:29 AM
The responses to 'Honestkindaguy''s post about Lorinda have surprised me. Two Plus Two mob leap to Lorinda's defence, with no apparent concern as to whether there is any truth in what the guy wrote. No, Lorinda posts on Two Plus Two incessantly so she must be in the right.

So is L's conduct towards other players at a table or as a railbird at a tourney always polite and pleasant?

Bama Boy
05-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Different people can come across in different ways at different times. You may think me to be an [censored], but someone else may think I'm witty. Just because Lorinda is known as a "prominent" poster on an internet message board, does not mean she has any obligation to be friendly to anybody. Her own preferences notwithstanding. Even as someone fairly new to this forum, I can tell that too many people come over trying to spam and start trouble, for many to worry about what they actually are saying. Innocent until proven guilty.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Lorinda's posts show wit and intelligence. That other guy, whether you call him "honestkindofguy", "Ramashiva" or just "petaq" simply posts ad hominem attacks with zero documentation.

The two times I've been in a tourney with Lorinda, her demeanor has been nothing but professional. That's good enough for me.

MS Sunshine
05-14-2003, 12:13 PM
"So is L's conduct towards other players at a table or as a railbird at a tourney always polite and pleasant? "

In a word, yes. She might speak her mind here, but has always been nice at the tables when I've played with her. As to the colluding thing, pleeazze.

It seems Honestkindaguy wrote to support, they found nothing wrong and he came here to smear her character, because she posts here all the time. I don't doubt that he lost a chat war where she made comments that made him appear to be a moron, but in that special Lorinda way.

MS Sunshine

lorinda
05-14-2003, 12:50 PM
So is L's conduct towards other players at a table or as a railbird at a tourney always polite and pleasant?

I'd give myself a B+, I have certainly been known to have the occasional blow-up at a table but I don't hold grudges and get it over with very quickly.

There was one instance where a kind of war broke out on Stars, but all parties concerned sorted it out in the end, and certainly I don't think any player was to blame in particular (It was like a 3 on 3 battle for about a month).
It started when someone asked me to "Tell me honestly about.." and the next thing all hell broke loose.

I would be very surprised if the poster here was one of those people, as they would be able to provide more negative evidence than they have bothered to do and in a more mature fashion.

I would describe my table behaviour as very similar to my posting behaviour, chatty to the extreme, answer questions if I can, and from time to time very rude.

I am aware that a chatty player is not everyones cup of tea, but as most sites have chat block capability nowadays, I don't consider that in itself to be a problem.

Lori

beernutz
05-14-2003, 01:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
I have played probably 10 hours on various tables with Lorinda at ACR and I have NEVER seen her be anything but polite and pleasant. Do you have some personal experience with her that is different from this or are you just another forum muck-raker?

TimTimSalabim
05-14-2003, 01:42 PM
A newbie posts a message making a bunch of personal attacks and claims of harassment and collusion, while providing no evidence, and then suggests that as a result, the subject should be "banned from the online poker community". It wouldn't have mattered if the subject were Lorinda or Joe Schmo, the poster got the response he deserved.

LondonBroil
05-14-2003, 02:47 PM
I like to chat a lot too, especially since I oly play 25-30% of the hands. It's not a great environment to have fun/make money when nobody responds to you except for the occasional "nice catch" (which I almost always have pot odds to do).

GrannyMae
05-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Joe Schmo

why the attack on joe schmo TimTim?

He's always been more pleasant to me than lorinda.

http://e4u.consoleradar.com/crazy/1261.gif

adam74
05-15-2003, 07:34 AM
especially since I only play 25-30% of the hands

Only? /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

Saucy
05-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Whew, ten hours, pretty conclusive!
I have no personal experience, but did read a post at gutshot.co.uk from a good online player which mentioned Lorinda abusing his play from the rail.
Its not a big deal to me, I just found it amusing that everyone here simply ignored any possibility that Lorinda *might* have been out of order on this occasion.

Jim Kuhn
05-15-2003, 11:54 PM

beernutz
05-16-2003, 02:02 AM
What a dope. At least I have some first hand experience to report, unlike you who seems content to pass along any old bullshit you hear as fact.