PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding my game

Cactus Jack
09-27-2005, 09:29 AM
OMG, this isn't going to be easy.

Bodog $10+1

First SNG

10/20 JJ in CO. 5 Limpers to me. I push. I caller--AKo. K on the flop, A on the river to rub it in.

Second SNG

10/20 again KK in CO 4 limpers raise to 150. One caller, QT. Ten high flop. I push. QT calls. Ten on the turn.

Guys, what's up with this? Was I wrong to push in these places? Too early? Unlucky?

Help!!!!! I don't wanna go backward, but this just ain't right.

CJ

pergesu
09-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Hand 1: Limp unless you got a midget stack. You will pwn when you flop a jack.

Hand 2: Bad beat. Pray durron locks this before citanul can tear into you.

Cactus Jack
09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Limp unless you got a midget stack. You will pwn when you flop a jack.

Hand 2: Bad beat. Pray durron locks this before citanul can tear into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because it's a bad beat post? It isn't. I'm trying to work out a new game here, and just posting hands to get feedback. I will NEVER post bad beat stories. I promise. Just wanting feedback on when I go all in and should I have. If this is wrong, then I'll apologize, quit posting, and go back whence I came. No worries. I just get more feedback here and different feedback than my home forum.

CJ

Nicholasp27
09-27-2005, 09:41 AM
we don't push until we have <10bbs

we aren't pushing on level one with our strategy

jj w/5 limpers is great for limping...hit a jack and get paid off

don't risk your tourney life over a coinflip + 80 in dead chips

play a tight game the first 3-4 levels...loosen up as blinds get to be 10, 15, 20, 30% of your stack

if blinds are >20% of your stack (ie you have <7.5bbs) and u are first in the pot and u have decent cards (the closer to the sb you are, the looser the definition of 'decent cards') then push

if u have <5bbs in sb and it's folded to you, push any2

etc

take a look at sng analyzer by eastbay...purchase that (best investment u can make for sngs) and then run hand histories after each tourney...then u can see when it's positive or not to push in different situations

pergesu
09-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm not telling you to quit posting.

But your second hand is a bad beat. You flop an overpair and get called by a guy who has 5 outs..and hits. That's what we call a bad beat.

fwiw I wouldn't have open pushed the flop. Unless I knew of course he had a T and would call. But I'd just make a 1/2 pot CB and then push the turn if he calls the flop.

cleinen
09-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I agree you need to limp the JJ.

The second hand is a clear bad beat post. If you aren't happy about getting called by QT with KK on a flop with a T high you are hard to please.

Melchiades
09-27-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bodog $10+1

First SNG

10/20 JJ in CO. 5 Limpers to me. I push. I caller--AKo. K on the flop, A on the river to rub it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you make a standard raise. Make a continuation bet at the flop and take it from there?

Or you can limp and play for overpair setvalue.

Really need stacksizes though. But at this level I don't push any hands preflop unless I have a QQ+ and have reason to think some idiot will call me. With blinds this low it's way to much risk only to steal a few chips.

Hellmouth
09-27-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bodog $10+1

First SNG

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you make a standard raise. Make a continuation bet at the flop and take it from there?

Really need stacksizes though. But at this level I don't push any hands preflop unless I have a QQ+ and have reason to think some idiot will call me. With blinds this low it's way to much risk only to steal a few chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my line on the JJ as well. You would have saved half your stack by seeing the flop.

The push with KK is mediocre at best. Extract $$$. You will get too many people folding to all ins.

Greg

helpmeout
09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
I'd raise the pot to 100 and hope to pick it up or get 1 caller.

Second hand make a normal pot size bet or so then take it from there.

You also have to tell us the stack sizes.

Cactus Jack
09-27-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bodog $10+1

First SNG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my line on the JJ as well. You would have saved half your stack by seeing the flop.

The push with KK is mediocre at best. Extract $$$. You will get too many people folding to all ins.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. That was the reason I posted the second hand. Was it a good push? I understand. Thanks.

I think what I should do is play my old game until it gets down to 4 or 5, then work on it from there? I can easily get to this point every time, unless that KK kind of hand comes around. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the help, guys. It will make a difference for me, sooner than later. (Not many people can change their game this much, so when I do, you'll know it's because of your help.)

CJ