PDA

View Full Version : $22 early TPWK scary board

helpmeout
09-27-2005, 06:07 AM
A hand came up where i was in the BB I had K8o (unraised)

Flop comes KT9 rainbow 4 players to act.

Early in the tournament so assume that there isnt much difference between stack sizes.

Blinds are 15/30 so pot is around $150.

My stack is around 800

How do you play this hand?

What about if your stack was 600 or 1200?

Thanks

pergesu
09-27-2005, 10:23 AM
You have to check the flop and play it from there. Assuming no reads, check-fold is your best line.

tshort
09-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Raise pre-flop. You are a good enough player to win the bigger pot post-flop.

And play tons of hands.

Degen
09-27-2005, 10:49 AM
i never bet out

i check, and watch the action

i'll usually fold to a pot sized bet that is called, if a small bet is made and somebody called, i'll sometimes juice it...if one player bets and the others fold, i'll almost always raise unless his pot sized or more, then i probably fold

if any flop raise is called, i lead the turn w/ a blocking bet HU and check three way...if turn is called i lead even smaller with a blocking/value bet on the river or possibly check/fold

answer really is 'it depends' but as you probably know, this is a very vulnerable holding you should not get attached to...even if you hit 2 pair or a set of kings

pergesu
09-27-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll almost always raise unless his pot sized or more, then i probably fold

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll do this if the bet comes from one of the last two players to act, but not the first two.

The button is thinking he gets to take a stab. The CO is thinking the button's thinking he gets to take a stab, might as well take a stab first. The first two guys actually have to worry about people behind them, so I'd give them more respect and just fold.

helpmeout
09-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Finally a real response.

I figure this is the sort of hand you want to see a cheap showdown with and hope you get shown AT or similar.

Betting out is wrong, I agree here as many players can at least raise as a semibluff/freecard play and with a weak kicker, scary board and being out of position you cant call.

I guess a lot of cautious players in late position will just take a stab at the pot and check the turn fearing a check/raise.

Thanks for your analysis.