PDA

View Full Version : Too early to make this move?

bweiser8311962
09-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Turbo $5 tournament on Pokerroom. Blinds go up every 3 minutes. Started with almost 400 players. 83 left.

I'm in MP with about $3500. Blinds are 400/800.

1 person limps in. He's got me covered.

I look down at KQo. Probably 4 hands till I'm in the big blind and they'll probably go up one more time before they get to me.

Top 40 cash. We've played 35 minutes and lost more than 300 people.

Fold, call or push?

09-27-2005, 06:27 AM
Sounds like an extremely fast game. The blinds are about to eat you alive. What are the blinds about to go up to? At least 500-1000$, and then you're really screwed. You're hand is alright, but I say push rather than call. I don't see you getting a better hand before the blinds go up and land on you. I say push and hope that either no one calls or you flop a monster.

betgo
09-27-2005, 07:05 AM
Easy push. KQ is a strong hand with 4.4xBB. The only reason not to is if you have a strong read that the limper is trapping.

With the blinds this big, you have to push almost any playable hand. If it is folded to you in late position (or any position if the table is reasonably tight) and the BB is not pot committed, push any hand.

09-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Push. If the limper isn't trapping you here you may very well be ahead if he decides to call you. I would normally say call but you can't with your stack and the blinds here. it's an easy push. If you fold, you will have to be lucky to get a better hand before the blinds eat you.

bweiser8311962
09-27-2005, 08:09 PM
well, obviously, i did push with this. got 2 callers. flop was Q high, two spades. small blind pushed all-in for 1500 more and the original limper folded. i flopped the best hand with my pair of Qs, but the SB had A/4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and hit the flush. Worst part was, I had the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif and would have beaten any flush that didn't have the A when another /images/graemlins/spade.gif hit on the river.