PDA

View Full Version : AK PF - Easy laydown?

zgall1
09-27-2005, 04:55 AM
It has been tough getting reads on these guys and I am dead tired because it is 5 AM and I didn't expect to make it this far.

Seat 1: zgall1 [KH,AD] ($58,713 in chips)
Seat 2: bignewf ($37,940 in chips)
Seat 3: gandolph420 ($36,887 in chips)
Seat 4: tason1101 ($7,640 in chips)
Seat 6: velocheese ($19,591 in chips)
Seat 7: rustyf_UAC ($40,080 in chips)
Seat 8: HuP ($11,863 in chips)
Seat 9: d-nice_97 ($51,701 in chips)
Seat 10: Shep204 ($13,085 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
zgall1 posts blind ($800), bignewf posts blind ($1,600).

PRE-FLOP
gandolph420 folds, tason1101 bets $4,000, velocheese folds, rustyf_UAC bets $7,000, HuP folds, d-nice_97 calls $7,000, Shep204 bets $13,085 and is all-in, zgall ???

betgo
09-27-2005, 04:59 AM
Push.

zgall1
09-27-2005, 05:00 AM
From the small feel I have for the table, I believe I will get called by a PP almost every time here. Does that make the push wrong? Sorry for not including this information in the original post.

betgo
09-27-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From the small feel I have for the table, I believe I will get called by a PP almost every time here. Does that make the push wrong? Sorry for not including this information in the original post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Push.

Exitonly
09-27-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh.. to a UTG raise, a reraise, a cold call of that reraise, and a push re-re-raise?

Maybe i didnt read the HH right, but this is not looking good for your AK...

If it were just the UTG guy and the guy that ended up pushing.. it would be one thing, but the re-raiser and the cold caller both have you covered.

At the very least your outs are damaged.

I'm not sure this is a fold, but you've gotta say more than just 'push' to convince me that it's right w/ all that action.

dmk
09-27-2005, 09:08 AM
easy fold

nsj
09-27-2005, 09:26 AM
A push here looks like a very obvious squeeze play on the short stacks. The min-raiser and the cold caller, both of whom have stacks that will cripple you, are your real concerns here.

Without any specific reads, the min-raise from the 40K stack is either a very poor isolation attempt, or an attempt to entice a couple of callers to try and win a big pot. The cold call from the 51K stack is tough to interpret without a solid read. He too could be looking to bust the 40k stack with a big pair, and wouldn't mind another short stack coming along.

In spite of the dead money/great odds that a successful overpush will get you (13k to win ~34K, with no threat to your stack), I think 40K or 51K will call with 99+ too often to make it worthwhile.

This seems to me like one of those situations where the math might warrant a push, but it's a small edge late in a tournament where you are chip leader and have the ammo to be more selective and accumulate chips by stealing small pots without risking 80% of your stack. I try to find a fold here.

09-27-2005, 09:54 AM
I would throw this one away in a heartbeat. As Exitonly said, your outs are damaged here and you are probably up against one or two already made hands which could be AA,KK,QQ in which you are not in a good shape. I'm thinking one of them got AA or KK here so it's a fold. Get them next round instead tiger /images/graemlins/smile.gif

augie00
09-27-2005, 11:46 AM
It looks like you're pretty deep in this tournament. How far are you from the money? What's the average stack size? What's the buyin?

These are important questions, but in any case you have a raise, a re-raise, a cold call, and then an all in. The all-in rarely has less than queens, and assuming he has queens is pretty risky. Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't really matter if he has queens. It's a push if he has queens.

I think the most important factor that points to this being a fold is rustyf_UAC. He has 40k, which would be a crippling blow to your stack. If I knew he was going to fold I would push here with AK in an instant, but you can't be sure if he's going to fold.

I would not worry about d-nice_97 as his cold call is not very threatening. He'd push a big hand there.

Muck it.

hurlyburly
09-27-2005, 12:18 PM
I can't think of an easier laydown. You can be positive you're looking at lots of dead outs while behind at least one PP. Your equity is razor thin even if noone has a pair.

ansky451
09-27-2005, 01:04 PM
The only reason I'd hear for calling would be if you are by far the worst player at the table, and/or your steal attempts never work. If you can accumulate a lot without seeing a showdown, just fold here, wait for a better spot.

You are in a very good chip position, and likely up against a monster.

fnurt
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of an easier laydown. You can be positive you're looking at lots of dead outs while behind at least one PP. Your equity is razor thin even if noone has a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

09-27-2005, 01:33 PM
all-in

09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
This is an easy fold, IMHO. I'm shocked to see people saying otherwise.

yabastid
09-27-2005, 03:28 PM
wow- about 50/50 push/fold. You shoulda added a poll to this post.

I'm folding here. I can't say it much better than Exit and I agree with him 100%. You're stack is too good to go bust in this situation. If you loose a flip or are dominated you are gonna think yourself an ass. Find a better spot.

fnurt
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow- about 50/50 push/fold. You shoulda added a poll to this post.

I'm folding here. I can't say it much better than Exit and I agree with him 100%. You're stack is too good to go bust in this situation. If you loose a flip or are dominated you are gonna think yourself an ass. Find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your counting skills are off. I only see 2 people advocating a push, neither one with an explanation. Everyone else wants to fold.

I think the key point here is what you just mentioned, the fact that OP has a good stack with over 30 BB. What a waste to just shove it in there in a marginal situation. Heck, I wouldn't be thrilled to have KK here although I'd certainly play it.

With 10 BB it could easily be correct to gamble in this spot.

IHateKeithSmart
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
What is it that the youngters are saying these days 'drop it like it's hot'?

Given action and your pp read, turbo-muck.

augie00
09-27-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given action and your pp read, turbo-muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that is not why it is a turbo muck. If the player all in turns over queens, and he knows everyone else will fold, it's an easy push. Unfortunatley that is not the case and you don't know anyone's cards, or if anyone else is going to fold.