PDA

View Full Version : Two hands i thought Wtf?

bambi
09-27-2005, 03:40 AM
I will post these hands together, as they both happened about 3 hands from each other and CO in first hand is the Villan in the second. Both players are unknown first orbit at the table

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Second hand, i hate when idiots coldcall/cap i dont see it much, and when it happens they either have AA or total crap, should i fold this to the three bet on the flop? The only reason why i called down is because of his previous play.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.66 BB

Nick C
09-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Hand 1: This seems all right to me. I guess CO just had the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif or something (maybe with a gutshot to go with it), but his sudden turn raise would scare me in this 3-way pot that he doesn't have much chance of buying.

A pair plus a flush draw is possible too, but I'd kind of expect Villain to have shown that down.

Hand 2: I don't think I'd have much respect for the cold-call/cap, especially after Hand 1. I think I'd cap the flop and then call down after Villain either led into me on the turn or checkraised the turn.

What I wouldn't do is fold to the flop 3-bet. And I wouldn't fold to it if even if I hadn't seen Villain's play in Hand 1.

ErrantNight
09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
villain's play in hand 1 is pretty inexplicable. i suppose he picked up a draw on the turn with an overcard but still...

anyway, I'd have played it the same, but his odd play would make the second hand easier for me. i'd probably cap this flop before thinking about slowing down. i'm definitely showing down here to get some kinda grasp on what villain is up to.