PDA

View Full Version : Drawy Board with QQ and facing lots of aggression - 10/20

TheMetetron
09-27-2005, 02:44 AM
In the interest of not posting meaningless crap, I'll actually post what I was thinking as the hand was happening. It was all very quick and I spent maybe 1 sec on each decision as I really had to take a piss and wanted the hand to be over. Also, my PokerAce HUD is acting weird so no reads. No notes on any of the players.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

I don't really need to explain this do I? Guys, QQ has great equity preflop and should definitely be raised from any position in an unraised pot. You want to push your equity edges and this one is HUGE. Lesson: Raise QQ Preflop. Good? Moving on...

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

The only thing I'm really slighty concerned about when it comes back 2 to me is that BB hit some BS two-pair. I would normally cap here as I feel both these asses are on draws, but I decided, I'd call. If the BB just called, I was check-raising a safe turn. I have no idea how good this plan was and it's not my default but it seemed reasonable in the seconds between holding my dick and running to the bathroom.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Safe turn, check-raise time. Ass 3-bets me, now I consider the fact I'm screwed. In fact, I'm very likely screwed. Still, he can have some BS so I have to call down barring further aggression right? Plus, I have 2-pair counterfeiting outs. I'm pretty sure BB is on some sort of draw.

River: (16.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls...

Pot is effing huge... I'm not concerned with BB unless he raises in which case I'm mucking. I just counterfeited T9... I can't see not calling here.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

So there you go. A hand I'm guessing there is a decent chance I misplayed. FWIW, I'd normally cap the flop, lead the turn, and call down from a raise there, muck if it's two more back to me on the turn. Call, but not overcall most rivers.

I'll look back at it some more later and see what I think. I need Taco Bell which will invariably result in more trips to the bathroom.

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-27-2005, 03:51 AM
I would prefer capping the flop especially with BB in there. There's no guarantee that MP bets the turn and I can definitely see him 3betting the flop and checking behind with an 8 or /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Although I think I miss some spots where a turn c/r would be better than capping the flop, but I don't think this is one of them.

As for the river, I think it's a really easy call. Like you mentioned, you corrupted T9 and you will also occasionally see AT or some other such nonsense.

-Craig

TheMetetron
09-27-2005, 03:59 AM
Yeah, I think I might have been hinging on MP betting the turn too much. I was thinking I'd love to make this drawing ass in the BB face two Big Bets cold on the turn, but i guess it's at least a decent sized parlay that MP is even going to bet the turn.

An open 3-bet on the flop usually means top pair or better though. I've rarely seen people do it with a draw. Maybe I was subconciously channeling that into my decision, but I know I wasn't thinking it at the time.

The only reason I posted this hand is I think the flop/turn is kind of interesting and it's different that what I probably would've normally done.

NLSoldier
09-27-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
1 fold, MP calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, MP calls.

I don't really need to explain this do I? Guys, QQ has great equity preflop and should definitely be raised from any position in an unraised pot. You want to push your equity edges and this one is HUGE. Lesson: Raise QQ Preflop. Good? Moving on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

TheMetetron
09-27-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate?

NLSoldier
09-27-2005, 04:08 AM
I cap the flop, Im scared MP is on a draw and will take a free one. Also, I dont really want to get 3bet if I CR the turn, so Im fine with capping and calling down if raised on the turn. Additionally, no one gives any credit to flop pounding, so you will probably get called down by like any pair and possibly raised by a worse hand on the turn.

I would almost be tempted to donk the river. T9 looks very likely for MP, but I guess often he will bet anyways, not realizing he was counterfeited. I think its pretty close.

NLSoldier
09-27-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, what I meant by gold was "I havent laughed this hard since the Chuddo thread."

TheMetetron
09-27-2005, 04:12 AM
I don't feel comfortable folding to a raise from him here. Otherwise, I would have considered it.

I'm beginning to remember why capping the flop and leading the turn in my default line. Playing it this way was fun, but probably wasn't best.

Of course, if I play it that way, I never get to see the gold that MP had... J6o. BB folds his draw and my hand is so good it's not even funny.

NLSoldier
09-27-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel comfortable folding to a raise from him here. Otherwise, I would have considered it.

I'm beginning to remember why capping the flop and leading the turn in my default line. Playing it this way was fun, but probably wasn't best.

Of course, if I play it that way, I never get to see the gold that MP had... J6o

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I cant fold to a river raise either.

god, never underestimate the DONK FACTOR.