PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin trip

judgesmails
09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
I went to Wisconsin this past weekend for golf and football games.

I played golf at Bristlecone Pines Friday and then planned to go to the UW / Michigan football game Saturday.

It rained, so we decided to watch the game at a bar that used to be called Jingles when I went to school there, I can't remember what it is called now. They had an outdoor tent with TVs and plenty of beer stands set up, so that seemed the better option - watch the game under a tent with beer vs. in the rain with no beer.

The atmosphere around the stadium was a lot of fun and the Badgers pulled out a very exciting game at the end. We stuck around and drank and celebrated the win for a few hours and then we had to take one of my friends home.

He lives in a small town south of Madison. He suggested we stop at his local bar for a drink first. When we got in, he ordered up a round of shots. I passed on the shots, so he did mine. Then he ordered another round, and then another - drinking my shot each time. So he downed six shots and a beer in less than half an hour - on top of drinking beer all day (10 plus hours). So we drive him home and he passes out in the truck.

We try to wake him up, but he is out of it. So a couple of us carry him up to his front door, but it is locked. He lives with his girlfriend and she is kinda bitchy and I am afraid of a confrontation with her at this moment. There was a wheelbarrow in the landscape bed next to the front door, so we decide to prop Jonny in the wheelbarrow and ring the doorbell.

We waited in the truck until she answered the door and then we left. It did not look like she found much humor in the situation. I thought it was pretty funny.

We stopped at another bar in Madison just before closing time to try to pick up some drunk chicks. Unfortunately, I was successful. She was so ugly I wanted to set myself on fire in the morning.

We were supposed to go to the Packer game Sunday, but the others were too hung over, so we just watched it on TV at a bar. I did not have any drinks Sunday so I was driving.

When it came to leave I went out to my rental and found some guy puking by the drivers door. I asked him if he was okay and he proceeded to give me his business card and told me that he fixes cars. I thanked him and told him that my car was fine, but that I may have to get it washed if he puked on it. He got pissed at me wanted to fight. I told him I did not want to fight, but if he really wanted to he could have a free shot and then I would fight back. His friends came to his aid and apologized for him and stuffed him in their truck. As they were leaving, he jumped out of the moving truck and rushed me. He took a wild swing, missed by a mile and fell down. His friends stopped their truck and again helped him out and took him away.

Things are never boring here.

I am golfing at Whistling Straights in the morning then flying home in the evening.

InchoateHand
09-27-2005, 02:13 AM
How could you go to a football game without the Packalope?

As I go to post this, I realize how obvious it is that I didn't read this. This doesn't bother me.

PokerBob
09-27-2005, 02:15 AM
UW is the greatest school on the planet. and it is not close. '93.

InchoateHand
09-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Greatest school for what? Setting cars on fire on state st.?

PokerBob
09-27-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Setting cars on fire

[/ QUOTE ]

no, that is michigan state

InchoateHand
09-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Well, Michigan State does it for football games (why, who knows, they also suck), but UW does it for Halloween. I mean, come on, the kiddees want to treak-or-treat, not trick-or-die-in-a-multi-car-student-riot-bonfire.

DangerGoodson
09-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Actually most of the rioters on Halloween traditional are from the University of Minnesota

MyTurn2Raise
09-27-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually most of the rioters on Halloween traditional are from the University of Minnesota

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a big lie

DangerGoodson
09-27-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a big lie

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of the arrests made the last three years a signicant majority come from minnesota.

I guess they are just the morons who get caught?

WackityWhiz
09-27-2005, 07:25 AM
When it's nicer out, you should go to Apple River, it's freakin' fabulous (insert that pic here)

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-27-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When it's nicer out, you should go to Apple River, it's freakin' fabulous http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/fab4he.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerdirty
09-27-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When it's nicer out, you should go to Apple River, it's freakin' fabulous http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/fab4he.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It it just me, or is that a face that needs to be splooged on?

09-27-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Setting cars on fire

[/ QUOTE ]

no, that is michigan state

[/ QUOTE ]

or Southern Illinois

uw_madtown
09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a big lie

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

"According to mayoral spokesperson Melanie Conklin, of the 450 total arrests, only 59 were UW-Madison students. Police arrested only one UW-Madison student for serious charges."

I don't have the breakdown but it's definitely out-of-towners that are the problem. So if any of you fuckers are planning to come this year and go nuts, stay home. We don't want you. If there's another riot, they'll likely try to shut the whole thing down next year, and that would suck.