PDA

View Full Version : Going through a small downswing, a few hands from today...

ArturiusX
09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Opponent was a typical 40/15 donk. Standard free card raise? Am I better off calling?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Here's a hand I felt I misplayed. I check behind with the intent on calling any river bet. My opponent was aggressive, and I felt that betting wouldn't fold him, but I could probably check-raise him on the river if I hit something, because he loves to bluff. Hows my logic?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

This turn really through me off. Raise the donk bet? BB is a 63/14, SB is a 38/10.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

CO is a 40/13 idiot. Both the flop/turn are pretty debatable.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

Villian is a 37/3/4. The turn was bad, right?

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Thanks all for looking. Sorry for posting so many hands.

baronzeus
09-27-2005, 02:10 AM
i dotn have time to go into full detail but ill post my thoughts here

bet fold hand 2 on the turn

raise the turn in hand 3

fold the turn in hand 4 (err nvm he is an idiot your line is fine)

check/call down in hand 5

ArturiusX
09-27-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

raise the turn in hand 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a 3-bet?

baronzeus
09-27-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

raise the turn in hand 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, if you get 3bet, call and fold the river UI IMO.

rory
09-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Hand #1: Looks fine to me. I would think about calling the river as well-- his hand sort of looks like it is either a flopped big hand like a flush or a set or two pair, a top pair hand or a hand like K/images/graemlins/club.gifx. If he has top pair his kicker is probably pretty good, because you could easily have an ace. When the board pairs on the turn, it is less likely he has top pair or two pair. Folding the river is right but it is worth taking the second to look at the pot and wonder if you are good 10% of the time just to be sure.

Hand #2: People will peel with almost any two cards on that sort of flop. Against a person not really bluff happy, I would bet-fold the ace. I probably just bet-fold the ace anyway. Based on your read, though, checking behind and calling a bet on the river seems like a reasonable plan to me as well. I think both lines are valid.

Hand #3: You should raise the bet on the turn. If the SB 3-bets after you raise, fold immediately. Since you just called the turn, you should fold to the SB raise. This line is very powerful, he cold called two on the flop and then raised a bet and a caller on the turn. That screams huge hand. If you do call the one more on the turn hoping you are against two pair, you should fold the river unimproved.

Hand #4: You should bet out on the flop, hoping MP raises with overcards to knock everyone else out. I fold to the turn raise.

Hand #5: 4 is a very high AF, so I think you played it fine. I probably would just check call the whole way after getting raised on the flop-- he is very likely to charge himself for the draw, if he is on it, by betting on the turn. He will also bet the river if he misses too.

baronzeus
09-27-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand #4: You should bet out on the flop, hoping MP raises

[/ QUOTE ]

missed this. 100% correct.

ArturiusX
09-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Nice posts, thanks people.

I estimate I lost about 6BB from these hands. Such a waste, but such is poker /images/graemlins/frown.gif

redbeard
09-27-2005, 02:43 AM
hand1) because the flop is ace high i'd just call. your pair outs have little value and the likelihood of being 3 bet or turn donk bet on an ace high board is too great to go for the free card play. Not to mention if you do hit your flush you'd like as many players around as possible.

hand2) i think the ace helps you too much on the turn here to check it. this is your best chance to win the hand so i'd bet and fold to a raise. his river bet in this situation is probably an auto bet, but that being said i still can't call with just queen high. this is all the more reason to fire again on the turn.

hand3) i probably would have raised the turn donk bettor putting him on an adopted spade flush draw. if the sb cold called my raise i'd put him on a club flush draw or a straight draw of some variety. If the sb 3 bet my raise i'd guess him for a slowplayed set. now given your action and his check raise of two players i'd again put him on a set (unless he is somewhat psychotic and is check raising his flush draw). i don't see too many likely two pair holdings but the pot is big enough to call his raise given you are closing the action. on the river given it was a red undercard to your ten and that the second player folded i'd call the sb and lose and wonder why my folded to river bet numbers are so low.

hand4) i would have led the flop into the pfr hoping he raised and faced the other two opponents with two bets cold. even if i bet and everyone just called i'd lead the turn. if the pfr raised and everyone else folded then on the turn i'd likely donk bet if the turn didn't bring an ace or king. it sucks that you got raised by the co here but given your read on him i guess a turn call of the cr is ok and a check call line on the river works for me. i assume he turned over AT or KT at showdown.

hand5) giving a free card heads up isn't so bad. more than likely he has an ace and you are outkicked. so i'd just check/call the turn and river.

LImitPlayer
09-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Hand 1

Looks fine

Hand 2

If your going to call any river bet, I'd bet the turn and check behind. It costs you the same and you may get him to fold a a K

Hand 3

I'd raise the turn

Hand 4

I'd lead the flop and hope that MP would raise and thin the field. You are vunerable to overcards here especially from 2 cold callers of a pf raiser

Hand 5

I'd donk bet the turn also but fold to the raise

spydog
09-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Hand 1: I call the flop. You rarely get a free card on the turn because an Ace will usually 3-bet the flop or lead the turn. Also, I call this river.

Hand 2: Bet the turn. The Ace is a good card for you. He's unlikely to bluff raise you with that card, so it's a pretty easy fold if he does raise.

Hand 3: Raise the turn. The will sometimes donk like this with JT/QT/KT type of hands. If he 3-bets then you are in big trouble.

Hand 4: Lead into MP on the flop and hope he raises to clear the field.

Hand 5: I'd probably call down after the flop raise. He's pretty aggressive and unlikely to take a free card on the turn.