PDA

View Full Version : $33 - flush card gets there...

schwza
09-27-2005, 01:49 AM
bodog, 10/20, relevant players have 1k (starting amount). villain has not done anything noteworthy.

i limp utg with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 2 more limpers, the button limps, and the blinds come in.

flop (6, T120): 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

blinds check, i bet 100, button calls, all others fold.

turn (2 players, T320): (7 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif) A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

what's my play? we each have 880 left.

caretaker1
09-27-2005, 04:11 AM
Tough problem, but I think I fire 150 at the pot here. If he's got an 8 or a big heart, I don't want him to draw for free. If he's got a 10, he probably folds, if he's got the flush, he probably doesn't raise you off right here, so you could grab a redraw. I could see the argument for checking here, but I'd really like to know where I was at.

$.02

jedinite
09-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Baring any relevant reads, I agree - I like 150 as a semi-blocking bet and so that he's making a mistake if he's just drawing with one heart (because you're not going to pay him off if the fourth hits for sure)... Hopefully he'll slowplay the made flush by calling here and give you the opportunity to redraw on the river.