PDA

View Full Version : AJo big Multi-way pot. Too much aggression or standard?

09-27-2005, 01:15 AM
CO is unknown, new to the table. Comments about PF and all streets are appreciated. As it is, on the end, I assume I call if its 1 bet back to me, correct?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

private joker
09-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Flop-river are fine. Preflop, I'd raise.

Nick C
09-27-2005, 01:28 AM
I would raise preflop, but I don't think the limp is godawful or anything. And postflop looks good to me.

If it was just one back to me on the river, I would probably call, expecting to lose to A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif or 22 or something. The main reason I'd call is just the pot size. I don't think MP3 is really raising four players on the river with a hand that's worse than AJ very often at all.

CO's river 3-bet is a surprise, but I think that 3-bet makes it pretty certain you're beat. A /images/graemlins/spade.gif X /images/graemlins/spade.gif seems pretty likely for CO. Aces up is also possible. In any event, the river 3-bet is a strong move, especially after MP3 wakes up with a river raise on a card that brings a 3-flush.

ReadyEddie
09-27-2005, 11:21 AM
What everyone else said.

On the river:
I think it's a crying call if Hero bets, and Mp3 raises. But i think its a very clear fold if hero bets, MP3 raises and CO cold calls.

Just clearing that up, not sure what you meant when you said "1 back to me"

09-27-2005, 07:03 PM
1 bet back to me, meaning I'd call one more bet.

Thx for the replies. I usually puss out at some point but decided to keep up the aggression as it was my best chance to win it, even though my TPGK was very very vulnerable.

MP3 has 8c 8d (three of a kind, eights).
CO has As 9s (flush, ace high).
Outcome: CO wins 23 BB. </font>