PDA

View Full Version : Who Won tonight's ultimate fighter? (ASKING FOR SPOILER)

JaBlue
09-27-2005, 01:13 AM
My goddamn DVR cut out before they announced the decision. Nice fight, I was rooting for Jorge but it looked like Jason was too big for him and I think Jason won. I missed the official ruling though, so what was it?

yellowjack
09-27-2005, 01:18 AM
My sources say von fleu, is that Jason's last name?

GrandmaStabone
09-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Yes Jason beat Jorge in a unanimous 29-28 count. You missed an awesome show. I dont normally watch this kind of stuff but my roomate was watching it and they went a complete 3 rounds, which I guess is rare.

KDawgCometh
09-27-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My sources say von fleu, is that Jason's last name?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, and Jorge really screwed up his knee even more in it. I think that's what caused him to lose it as after his knee buckled he just wasn't the same. He had surgery on it after his elimination and is still recovering. I have no doubt that he will end up getting some fights with UFC after he recovers

JaBlue
09-27-2005, 01:32 AM
I saw the whole show except the decision, so it wasn't a complete loss. I was pretty sure Von Fleu won but I was hoping Jorge did

shant
09-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Dude, change the season pass so it records 15 minutes extra at the end of the show. They always preempt with that stupid wrestling drama and I missed 3 decisions before I changed the option.

Also, I can't believe Jorge lost.

Ulysses
09-27-2005, 04:20 AM
Gotta add 5 minutes on the Tivo pass. This screwed me over the first couple of times. Finally a good fight. So far, this season has really sucked. Matt Hughes, btw, is a super-badass. I hope that black dude does indeed man up and punch him in the face. That would be good times.

shant
09-27-2005, 04:43 AM
I just remembered that challenge. That was pretty amazing that he stood that long with that guy climbing all around him like that.

JaBlue
09-27-2005, 04:47 AM
What was the deal with Hughes not thinking that BS the huge pudgy-faced guy was spouting wasn't showboating? Like Diablo said, a Rashad - Matt brawl would be sweet

shant
09-27-2005, 04:48 AM
I didn't agree with them there. Showboating in a challenge isn't the same as showboating during a fight.

Ulysses
09-27-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered that challenge. That was pretty amazing that he stood that long with that guy climbing all around him like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought that:

a) Rich Franklin was a bitch for forfeiting.

b) Doing the challenge like that was weak, and obviously they (Dana/Randy/whoever) didn't give it enough thought. Both teams should have gone at the same time.

KDawgCometh
09-27-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a Rashad - Matt brawl would be sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

and Rashad would get the [censored] kicked out of him. Now Matt Hughes might not be able to do his normal slams against rashad, but he is a vastly superior wrestler and is very quick. THe only thing rashad would have on matt is about 40 lbs, but the heavyweights in this year's comp aren't all that good, Dana White really struggled to find enough heavyweights to fill it out

bravos1
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought that:

b) Doing the challenge like that was weak, and obviously they (Dana/Randy/whoever) didn't give it enough thought. Both teams should have gone at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree... Rich was pretty smart. I think he realised that the fight would probably be the same anyway.

Jorge was going to fight regardless, so he kept Jorge fresh, plus one of his heavyweights.

I do agree though that the challenge should of had them going at the same time.

I still can't believe that the heavyweight dude was able to hold him up for 2 hours while he climbed all over him!

bravos1
09-27-2005, 01:18 PM
[quotea Rashad - Matt brawl would be sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe.. but it would end in like 2 minutes. Matt Hughes would obliterate his ass right now. Rashad would be choked out in no time. Matt would shoot the legs, probably STILL slam him, get his back, rear naked choke, the END!

Ulysses
09-27-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a Rashad - Matt brawl would be sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

and Rashad would get the [censored] kicked out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you'd find anyone to dispute that, probably not even Rashad.

JRussell
09-27-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now Matt Hughes might not be able to do his normal slams against rashad, but he is a vastly superior wrestler and is very quick. THe only thing rashad would have on matt is about 40 lbs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Word has it that Matt had no problem picking up Tim Sylvia (~6'7" 280lbs) and carrying him accross the mat to slam him down. This happened during training and not in a real fight.

JRussell
09-27-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought that:

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree... Rich was pretty smart. I think he realised that the fight would probably be the same anyway.

Jorge was going to fight regardless, so he kept Jorge fresh, plus one of his heavyweights.

I do agree though that the challenge should of had them going at the same time.

I still can't believe that the heavyweight dude was able to hold him up for 2 hours while he climbed all over him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think of it as Rich having position on Matt's team. If Rich's team had tried the challenge there was a good chance (better than 50/50) that they would not win it. This would leave them with a very worn-out middleweight who would then be chosen to fight because the winning team decides.

Ulysses
09-27-2005, 02:56 PM
I think everyone can understand the strategy. It's just BS that they didn't have them go at the same time. I seriously doubt they took into consideration the possibility of a forfeit.

JRussell
09-27-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone can understand the strategy. It's just BS that they didn't have them go at the same time. I seriously doubt they took into consideration the possibility of a forfeit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

KDawgCometh
09-27-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now Matt Hughes might not be able to do his normal slams against rashad, but he is a vastly superior wrestler and is very quick. THe only thing rashad would have on matt is about 40 lbs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Word has it that Matt had no problem picking up Tim Sylvia (~6'7" 280lbs) and carrying him accross the mat to slam him down. This happened during training and not in a real fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true(and I don't doubt it) then I think matt would beat him in under two minutes, considering that he more then handled Frank Trigg and Carlos Newton in their fights and both of those guys are much better wrestlers then Rashad. I know he has dispatched a few good strikers too, I just forget who at this time.

the problem is, is that it is very hard to find good heavyweights in fighting, and when you do, they mostly go to PRIDE because PRIDE can give them more money, and Rashad isn't one of the better Heavyweights there, IMO the best heavy had to leave because of a Knee injury at the begining

JRussell
09-27-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true(and I don't doubt it) then I think matt would beat him in under two minutes, considering that he more then handled Frank Trigg and Carlos Newton in their fights and both of those guys are much better wrestlers then Rashad. I know he has dispatched a few good strikers too, I just forget who at this time.

the problem is, is that it is very hard to find good heavyweights in fighting, and when you do, they mostly go to PRIDE because PRIDE can give them more money, and Rashad isn't one of the better Heavyweights there, IMO the best heavy had to leave because of a Knee injury at the begining

[/ QUOTE ]

Pride pays better than the UFC?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I thought it was the other way around these days.

I don't think anyone would take Rashad over Matt, especially after seeing his performance the other day. That was just a sad fight.

flatline
09-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Supposedly Pride still pays a lot better than UFC.

Its hard to watch this show with football being on. I try to catch the fights, but don't see any of the rest of the show. I think Hughes is one bad motherfucker, and I love how he is just a complete ass to everybody on the show, like what the hell are they going to do about it?