PDA

View Full Version : BB vs Huge Chip Leader

jazzcom
09-27-2005, 12:44 AM
10 person SNG, 5 players left, 3 players have around 2200, Hero has 2000 (after posting BB), Chip leader, playing his stack quite well with lots of preflop and flop aggression, has 6400. Blinds 75-150

Hero dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop: UTG(Chipleader)raises to 350, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero checks, UTG goes all in, hero?

thanks for listening,
-jazz

09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Give the action already, I assume big stack is being his agressive self and call.

Pre-flop, you're calling off a fifth of your stack, which I have to think is bad. Sometimes I push over the top of the raiser here if it's very likely he's on a steal. Otherwise I fold this down and wait to play another hand from position. KJ is the second worst of the "I have paint hands" and I hate it very much.

caretaker1
09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
I think you have to call here.

$.02

psyduck
09-27-2005, 01:02 AM
I don't get it. If you're not calling on this PERFECT flop, why even call the raise preflop?

Edit: I'm not telling you to call on the flop or not to call. But I'm saying that if you aren't calling his all-in on the flop, you should be folding preflop.

jazzcom
09-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Well I did call on this "perfect flop" and he turned over aces. Needless to say I was stunned. I was just wondering if there was a way to somehow get away from the hand, or if I should have led out to get a better idea of where I was at.

Thanks for everyone's responses.
-jazz

Fatdogs12
09-27-2005, 02:07 PM
I think it's somewhat read dependant, if you know what kind of player he is and how he plays good hands then you will have a better idea of what to do. If he value bets a lot then maybe you could be cautious. The only reason to get away from it is if you consider why he is minirasing. That gets back to value betting though.

Just a not though, I fold this preflop and if I don't I am probably cautious on the flop just in case he was getting his money in with some high cards KQ or something (okay pretty much KQ, K-10, or AA, KK). But again u should know by now if he likes to steal with big bets or if he likes to value bet.

You have more than 10 big blinds. I wouldn't even bother with this hand to begin with. Let him steal your 150 chips, it's his privlidge, he's got the stack. You CAN call but I would only do it trying to hit something like 2 pair or something better.

Geez that was long winded, I wish I could write on logically flowing analysys but my bring just doesn't work like that.