PDA

View Full Version : River bluff w/ busted draw - 10/20

billyjex
09-27-2005, 12:37 AM
My image is probably Laggy bad. Lots of reraising preflop and not showing down winners (though mostly against the other lag at hte table, not villian.)

Villian is 22/14/2.57. Should this be standard?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Surfbullet
09-27-2005, 12:43 AM
In TAG vs TAG battles there is a general aura of disbelief IMHO, since he knows you know he can fold, etc. As a result, I think he'll call you here w/ A-hi (like AJ or AK) that had odds to draw and now has to keep you honest. Just about the only time you bet and he folds a hand that you don't bead would be specifically KJ.

I'd just c/f the river. If I had to do it over I'd rather c/c the flop and c/r the turn(if we're trying to fold him, which I wouldn't recommend) or rather just c/c and raise when we hit - he'll pay us for the same reasons we don't want to try to bluff him off the pot.

Surf

billyjex
09-27-2005, 01:19 AM
i think villian here is a 10/20 regular -- decaptitran or something like that.

dave44
09-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Well there really aren't a lot of available draws on the turn like Surf noted, so it comes down to whether he's calling the turn hoping you'll give up on the river. I never know whether to give my opponents that kind of credit or not and I think most don't deserve it, so I think you're getting called here too often.

I really don't have a good feel here for how often someone will call the river with AK since we never see the folds. I certainly don't always call in this spot with it. Any estimates?

spydog
09-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Call the flop and donk the turn. I think this is the best/cheapest way to get a TAG off Ace hi.