PDA

View Full Version : My firt $109: Call w/ 99 on the bubble?

Taraz
09-26-2005, 11:56 PM
The raiser was the only decent player left and his pushing range is probably the same as a good 2+2ers range is. I really agonized over this call because I knew that my hand was probably significantly better than his, but I also knew that I had decent control over the table. What do you do here?

Total number of players : 5
Seat 2: poopoo_caca (1420)
Seat 5: balboa215 (5490)
Seat 8: murrayy (885)
Seat 9: Hero (1215)
Seat 10: Lake_Pepin (990)
Hero posts small blind (100)
Lake_Pepin posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 9d, 9s ]
poopoo_caca raises (1420) to 1420
poopoo_caca is all-In.
balboa215 folds.
murrayy folds.
Hero???

J-Lo
09-27-2005, 12:49 AM
99 is significantly better than someone pushing 7x BB UTG 5 handed? I don't think it's as close as u make it out to be... If i had seend him pushing w/ 95 or something, but the gap concept makes this a fold.... someone tell me if my thinkin' is way off...

bluefeet
09-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Whelp...I initially thought "fold" (cuz I'm a tight bastard).

But - still having fun with my recent purchase /images/graemlins/wink.gif ...FWIW:

If he's pushing -- 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs
Calling with 77+,AJ+ from your position is CLEARLY +EV

Given your read on his ability to recognize his need to push here, I suspect that calling might be appropriate.

Fatdogs12
09-27-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But - still having fun with my recent purchase /images/graemlins/wink.gif ...FWIW:

Given your read on his ability to recognize his need to push here, I suspect that calling might be appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could easily have a larger range than that

bluefeet
09-27-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He could easily have a larger range than that

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "larger", you mean "even less..strength", I don't disagree with you. That was the intent of my post. My display was just to illustrate that even substantial holdings get called here. It just suprised me a bit, considering your tourney is also on the line - where his only is if you call.

If that makes it even more confusing - I voted "call".

raptor517
09-27-2005, 02:12 AM
depends on the player. if hes shoving a decent amount of hands AT ALL, im instacalling. against most 109 opponents, i call here knowing im teh pwnz. holla