PDA

View Full Version : ISU +3.5 at Nebraska

WLC4Ever
09-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Can someone explain this line to me? Granted ISU had a close call last week, but we're talking about a Nebraska team that could barely handle Maine and Pitt.

All I can think is that they're counting on the "almost lost to Army" public perception, but it still makes no sense. Enlighten me...

Jibbs
09-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Early Disclaimer: I am a Husker Fan.

Even saying that I don't have the Rose colored glasses. Nebraska has had 3 weak offensive outings against 3 below average teams. Their defense however has looked very good against 3 below average teams.

ISU did not look good in their opener against Illinois St. and had a close call against Army. So far they are hanging their hat on a 23-3 win against a 2-2 Iowa team that got demolished by Ohio St. last week.

Nebraska is at home and that does mean something as the 77,000 in Lincoln will try to become part of the game. They also did not have a game last week so have had two weeks to prepare for ISU.

I didn't think Nebraska had a chance in the game but have been starting to get my hopes up over the last week. If (and its a huge IF) Nebraska can get some offense rolling they can win this game easily. Of course they have shown no offense up to this point.

I've mentioned in previous posts that the best bet on a Nebraska this year may be the under which at 37.5 could be tough one for this game.

I don't know if any of this helped or not, I may just have muddied the waters more /images/graemlins/crazy.gif