PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a few hands.

Nottom
05-13-2003, 09:24 PM
UB 100 point tourney.

First hand. Blinds 20/40. I'm on the button with black 10s

Folded to LP (around 900) who raises to 80. CO (around 1000) raises to 250. I think about it for a few sec, and decide against my better judgement to push all in.

He shows AJo /forums/images/icons/confused.gif and hits an ace to take it.

A while later after stealing a few blinds with hands I would have preferred people to call, I'm back upto around 500 but still the small stack at the table. Blinds are 30/60 and I'm in the SB with QT /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

Everyone seems to like their hand and its 5 to the flop for 60 each. Flop comes A /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .
Checked to the button who bets 60. I re-raise all-in and its folded back to button who calls.

He has AQ, no club or king so I'm out.

This one seems pretty automatic, or would I have been better off just calling the bet to lure in the others if I hit, rather than going for a semibluff that considering my short-stack had very little chance of working.

Thought from the experts?

ohkanada
05-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Typically I would muck TT to a raise and re-raise. If you get called you are likely looking at an overpair or if you are lucky just overcards.

Second hand with your stack I would likely just go all-in without waiting for a check-raise. You would rather just win the pot.

Ken Poklitar