PDA

View Full Version : Do you play 3 high connectors and a dangler?

09-26-2005, 11:24 PM
I think I play these kinds of hands too much in full ring games. Will even call a moderate raise more often than not.

K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

etc.

twolf
09-26-2005, 11:40 PM
I will if 1)I'm in LP and 2) if the sidecard has some use for instance K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I will in MP if it's 3 danglers and a suited ace(A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif), I ditch the suited kings in MP.

I rarely play anything in EP.

09-27-2005, 12:38 AM
I tend to only play those types of hands from the blinds. In late position, I may limp with similar hands were an A is suited, but otherwise the dangler is pretty much a complete waste.

The only time that dangler is going to come into play with a hand like Ks-Js-10h-6d is when the flop comes down 6-6-x. Even here your not in that great of a spot as someone could have the overfull and have you drawing thin to dead.

At least if the dangler gives is suited, it could help get you into a freeroll type situation.

So, in general, I tend to throw away the vast majority of these hands.

joewatch
09-27-2005, 03:04 AM
I would play the first hand from all streets. The second hand is total trash.

09-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm just playing $25 tables now and see so many who will chase terribly and it seemed that I should consider opening up how many flops I see (I'm at ~20%) since implied odds seem good. I'll be more selective with this type of holding from here on, though.

ipp147
09-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I think the 1st hand has a lot more value than the 2nd.

Depending on the game texture I would play the first hand from middle position on if there was little aggression preflop and would call a small raise multiway in position.

I might see the flop from CO/button in an unraised multiway pot with the 2nd hand if I knew I would get paid off when I hit.

Tilt
09-27-2005, 10:06 AM
I would play hand 1 in an unraised pot with at least some position - sitting next to the CO or better. If the players are bad I may extend the circumstances a bit.

Hand 2 I would only play on the button with lots of limpers.

Filip
09-27-2005, 10:43 AM
I play em. The key is to know on what flops to fold em.