PDA

View Full Version : Queeners vs. Agro TAG

Lmn55d
09-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Villain is 32/18 over 4k hands. AF 3.9/3.2/1.9. I have a note on him from god knows when that says he capped a 667 flop with overs against me after calling my raise preflop.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets

Moozh
09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
I like it all. On the river, if he's smart enough to fold on the river, he's smart enough to check it through. Thus, I like a bet. If he raises, I'm not sure whether to raise of call...

MarkD
09-26-2005, 11:28 PM
That turn donk is interesting.

I can't offer anything else atm as I'm still thinking about it. It's certainly interesting. My initial thought is that I think it would be better if you had the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif but I am still not sure if it's bad.

Wow, good hand to think about.

MarkD
09-26-2005, 11:29 PM
If he raises the river I think a 3-bet is called for.

I think the turn is much more interesting though.

deepsquat
09-26-2005, 11:31 PM
I like it! I wish i could think quick enough to do this. The turn donk is great as is the river. No free cards and you are getting at least 1 bet in on every street.
NH!

09-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I like the play on every street. I don't think I'd 3-bet the river though. I'd be interested in hearing the logic of those that would though.

baronzeus
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the play on every street. I don't think I'd 3-bet the river though. I'd be interested in hearing the logic of those that would though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play the turn the same but i think i check-raise the river. he'll bet often enough and not raise enough IMO. but then again i don't know him /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cartman
09-27-2005, 01:10 AM
I don't like it, but maybe it's because I'm not good enough to like it. I think a guy with these AF's doesn't give or take many free cards, so he will bet the turn very frequently if I check to him. A King is a very likely holding for him even though his hand range is pretty wide. After the flop raise I would just call planning on calling him down. When the third K hits the river I would donkbet and call a raise.

Am I missing something?

What would you have done if a spade had hit the turn or the river?

Thanks,
Cartman

dave44
09-27-2005, 08:41 AM
This guy is very aggressive and likes to overplay his hands, but you keep making it harder for him to bluff by betting at him. Unless you had a read that he would raise your turn donk with just a draw, I would rather check the turn as I seem him betting even a draw almost always. The way you played it, you're set up nicely for a river check-raise. This way you give a busted draw the chance to bluff the river. I think even check-calling the river would be more +EV than betting it for that reason, but you can probably get some worse hands to call your raise.

This is all assuming that villain is LAGgy enough that he would play many non-flush hands this way. The more indicative of a flush his turn raise is, the more I like a river bet.

spydog
09-27-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it, but maybe it's because I'm not good enough to like it. I think a guy with these AF's doesn't give or take many free cards, so he will bet the turn very frequently if I check to him. A King is a very likely holding for him even though his hand range is pretty wide. After the flop raise I would just call planning on calling him down. When the third K hits the river I would donkbet and call a raise.

Am I missing something?

What would you have done if a spade had hit the turn or the river?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%

Lmn55d
09-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Villain calls with A7 (with A of spade) and MHIG. When the king paired on the turn, it makes it 33% less likely that he has a king if I assume he would play all kings like that (2 kings left in deck instead of 3). So I figure the chance I am ahead has just increased. I thought there was a good chance he raised the flop with a draw, and although he's aggressive, I didn't think it impossible for him to take a free card with a draw. I also thought he might raise with a worse hand. If the king didn't pair, I would probably have check/called. The increase in the chance my hand was good pushed it to a donk in my mind.

You guys make some good points though. Oh, and with regards to the river, I thought he would take a free showdown a lot with a flush, and possibly like a 5/6 with a spade that he was pushing on the turn b/c of his draw. Also I figured an As like this might call. Also he could raise with a worse boat.