PDA

View Full Version : Two situations I run into occasionally

brazilio
09-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Villains are generally of average aggression.

Hero is LP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif,K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG limps, average 40/10/1.5 or so, MP limps, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, both blinds call, limpers call.

Flop comes 952 rainbow for 10SB

<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, 1 fold, Hero calls, all others fold.

Turn comes A completing the rainbow for 6BB.
<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River comes a Q in the fifth suit.
<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, Hero???

How often are we honestly good here against villain here? I just noticed a couple of situations where the turn gets checked instead of bet, and the vast majority of the time we're then ahead and he'll just donate 2BB to the fund, but when they continually bet out on a dangerous turn, I'm beat here a lot. Especially when it's the Ace that shows up on the turn, and not the somewhat safer K which I'd be much more liable to raise on. Or maybe I'm just looking for the wrong place to fold and he's making a move with jackshit.

MarkD
09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
You are good here WAY more often than is required to call here. This isn't even close.

BTW, when did they add the fifth suit?

09-26-2005, 11:39 PM
It's an obvious call. Whether or not I'd raise would be read-dependant, but I think the original poster is right - you're beat in this situation more often than not, so a raise is probably too aggressive.

MarkD
09-26-2005, 11:41 PM
It doesn't matter if you are beat "more often than not". You are getting 9-1. You have to be beat more than 9 out of every 10 times.

tongni
09-26-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG limps, average 40/10/1.5 or so

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
How often are we honestly good here against villain here?

[/ QUOTE ]

100% of the time???????????????

MoDOH
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
I think,and hopes, that the OP meant if he could raise...
Itīs really read dependant though... But more often than not it means set or some kind of two pair...

baronzeus
09-26-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe I'm just looking for the wrong place to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are /images/graemlins/wink.gif

In general, getting in the habit of folding TPTK against aggressive opponents is a bad thing to do. Save it for when you have crap like K high and 6 high.

brazilio
09-26-2005, 11:53 PM
I never fold this, I was just wondering. The average opponent I see isn't particularly aggressive, and him betting out on a dangerous A seems unlikely enough. I'm looking for spots to fold, so I'm going to pick the worst spot and it's going to be awesome.

09-27-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if you are beat "more often than not". You are getting 9-1. You have to be beat more than 9 out of every 10 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot odds have nothing to do with his option of raising. I said I think it's a clear call. At times, its a clear raise. I would say 75% call, 20% raise (leave 5% for a fold).

TheMetetron
09-27-2005, 12:53 AM
The fuck is going on here.

Someone point out to me why this hand is even being posted and why posters are not advocating a ridiculously clear value raise on the turn or river.

brazilio
09-27-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fuck is going on here.

Someone point out to me why this hand is even being posted and why posters are not advocating a ridiculously clear value raise on the turn or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really that clear when they'll just fold the river UI or fold the turn and we're going to get occasionally 3-bet and not be able to fold?

Drontier
09-27-2005, 01:11 AM
YES. this is a raise. PLEASE raise. against dumb opponents I raise the turn here. Against smarter ones who realize I hit the A and can fold, I raise the river. But I still raise everytime. This isn't even close. I would have to have a RIDICULOUS read to not raise. i.e he only bets with the nuts. RAISERAISERAISERAISERAISE.

TheMetetron
09-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Yes it is

brazilio
09-27-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm a big gay tard.

deepsquat
09-27-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River comes a Q in the fifth suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be a total tard but whats the fifth suit?

Raise the turn.

Moozh
09-27-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never fold this, I was just wondering. The average opponent I see isn't particularly aggressive, and him betting out on a dangerous A seems unlikely enough. I'm looking for spots to fold, so I'm going to pick the worst spot and it's going to be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like raising the turn, think about raising the river. People hate to fold on the river for one more bet, yet often are scared of raises on the last street. That way you'll protect yourself from re-raises yet also make sure worse hands call.

brazilio
09-27-2005, 02:05 AM
It's a joke. I was about 80% sure this post was going to suck immediately, and reverse domination doesn't happen often enough to not raise one street a lot.

admiralfluff
09-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Depending on specific reads, Iagree that a value raise is not always prudent, but a fold is always absurd.

09-27-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big gay tard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reply of the day

EDIT: btw, I think this is a clear value raise as there are so many worse hands that will pay you off. I know this is just echoing everyone else but I thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents.

Transference
09-27-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I must be a total tard but whats the fifth suit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always understood it to be purple horseshoes.