PDA

View Full Version : Is Dynasty out of control as a moderator?

09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Yet again, Dynasty has shown his poor social skills in deleting posts. Not only does he delete posts based on percieved slights and insults, he is also deleting them when he is too square to understand that people are just kidding around. I realize you get what you pay for, but Dynasty is ridiculous. His power-tripping is out of control in WPT, and can easily have the effect of making 2+2 not even worth the effort for some very valuable long-time posters.

Once upon a time, Dynasty was looked at as a great poster, a great player, and creator of possibly the best 2+2 humor thread ever, the "JOEYBITCH" saga. A shame that now he would ban/delete someone who would post the exact same sentiments.

DeadMoneyOC
09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Where is the Harold Wong post...?

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DYNASTY

kenberman
09-26-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yet again, Dynasty has shown his poor social skills in deleting posts. Not only does he delete posts based on percieved slights and insults, he is also deleting them when he is too square to understand that people are just kidding around. I realize you get what you pay for, but Dynasty is ridiculous. His power-tripping is out of control in WPT, and can easily have the effect of making 2+2 not even worth the effort for some very valuable long-time posters.

Once upon a time, Dynasty was looked at as a great poster, a great player, and creator of possibly the best 2+2 humor thread ever, the "JOEYBITCH" saga. A shame that now he would ban/delete someone who would post the exact same sentiments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish dynasty would delete the whole WPT forum. that's the real solution.

Edge34
09-26-2005, 11:26 PM
So either you got banned and this is a new account, in which case I don't know who you are, or you just didn't feel like being man enough to use your normal account for this post, in which case its probably better for you that we don't know who you are.

Either way, this is weak. Really, really weak.

Nick B.
09-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Yes, but this thread will be deleted too.

Dynasty
09-27-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame me for that one. I'm not the moderator here. Soembody else deleted it.

The OP who didn't identify himself is probably one of the two posters who got suspended today for some rather nasty insults directed at Sponger's mother. Sponger PM'd me about it and we agreed to unsuspend them.

mmbt0ne
09-27-2005, 12:10 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that Dynasty isn't even a mod in this forum right?

DeadMoneyOC
09-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Whoa, I owe an apology to someone.

I am sorry Dynasty. Maybe I should check and see who the mod is next time.

But to who ever is the mod of this place...Wongs posts actually make you laugh out loud. We need wong back.

mmbt0ne
09-27-2005, 12:19 AM
New Wong can make it right?

Dynasty
09-27-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, I owe an apology to someone.

I am sorry Dynasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. I learned quickly that there will always be a very vocal anti-mod voice on here. People yell and scream over the smallest little things. People act like any moderator decision they don't like is the end of their world.

tonypaladino
09-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Where's the option for "I want to vote "yes" but I don't know if mod's can see who voted for what"

Just kidding.

I've only had 2 threads deleted in oot, one I was being a total dickhead when drunk, and another I was doing profanity filter "tricks" so I deserved both.

bernie
09-27-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People yell and scream over the smallest little things. People act like any moderator decision they don't like is the end of their world.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of like sitting in a live game at the local cardbarn. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

b

SCfuji
09-27-2005, 04:02 AM
actually i think it is nice that he is so active in the forums. i knew that if i were moderator i wouldnt do 20% of the things he does. and even if he is doing more than he should be doing then it is better for us because he catches all the junk threads for sure and maybe a debatable junk threads.

GuyOnTilt
09-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Props for putting an "I don't know" option.

GoT

betgo
09-27-2005, 05:41 AM
I have posted on this before and I have mixed feelings. Dynasty is definately power tripping and deleting legitimate posts.

However, the WPT forum is less of a mess since he took over, which is probably why he has not been removed. The forum needed a strong moderator. You sometimes see big names posting in that forum, but there are so many TV poker fans and WPT want to bes posting trash.

During the WSOP ME, Dynasty deleted any threads discussing specific players and hands. All discussion was limited to a gigantic daily official thread with all sorts of junk and discussion of specific issues intersperced.

I personally have had several threads deleted or frozen. I got nasty email from Dynasty accusing me of again posting duplicate threads. Obviously, I did not consider them duplicates. I have never had any problems like this on other forums.

4_2_it
09-27-2005, 08:53 AM
None of this crap would be happening if Commodus was the mod. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daliman
09-27-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have posted on this before and I have mixed feelings. Dynasty is definately power tripping and deleting legitimate posts.

However, the WPT forum is less of a mess since he took over, which is probably why he has not been removed. The forum needed a strong moderator. You sometimes see big names posting in that forum, but there are so many TV poker fans and WPT want to bes posting trash.

During the WSOP ME, Dynasty deleted any threads discussing specific players and hands. All discussion was limited to a gigantic daily official thread with all sorts of junk and discussion of specific issues intersperced.

I personally have had several threads deleted or frozen. I got nasty email from Dynasty accusing me of again posting duplicate threads. Obviously, I did not consider them duplicates. I have never had any problems like this on other forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. He deleted the semi-famous "H-DOG" thread for no more reason than a black woman was sort of being called a dog for reasons that were obviously beyond him.

Tyler Durden
09-27-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Dynasty out of control as a moderator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

FoxwoodsFiend
09-27-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His power-tripping is out of control in WPT, and can easily have the effect of making 2+2 not even worth the effort for some very valuable long-time posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it almost impossible to imagine something that has to do with the WPT forum while at the same time affecting valuable long-term posters...

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Next thing we know he'll be changing Clarkmeaiser's age or something. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Easy E
09-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Shut up, you power-mad (fill in the blank)

B Dids
09-27-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His power-tripping is out of control in WPT, and can easily have the effect of making 2+2 not even worth the effort for some very valuable long-time posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it almost impossible to imagine something that has to do with the WPT forum while at the same time affecting valuable long-term posters...

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally correct.

Nobody that matters to this forum cares what Dynasty is doing beyond occasionally saying "good, somebody needed to ban that guy".

Nick B.
09-27-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally correct.

Nobody that matters to this forum cares what Dynasty is doing beyond occasionally saying "good, somebody needed to ban that guy".

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, you wouldn't see anybody saying anything other than that because he deletes all the posts that disagree with him.

betgo
09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can certainly see why people don't bother with the WPT forum. If you don't post or lurk on the WPT forum, you will have no trouble with Dynasty. If you do post on the WPT forum, you will have trouble with Dynasty.

Kevmath
09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Same here. He deleted the semi-famous "H-DOG" thread for no more reason than a black woman was sort of being called a dog for reasons that were obviously beyond him.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I was thinking it meant Human Delay of Game, silly me I guess.

masse75
09-27-2005, 08:22 PM
I voted yes, only because I'm a 2+2 anarchist.

¡¡¡Vive le Resistance!!!

Daliman
09-27-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I was thinking it meant Human Delay of Game, silly me I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are silly, sir. Do not denigrate Dynasty's higher level of comprehension, as it easily outstrips our own. H-DOG was OBVIOUSLY just a jab at her looks, and had NOTHING to do with her poker ettiquette whatsoever.

PITTM
09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
when 8 different posters agreed that one of my posts shouldnt have been moved his only response was "chill out, its not the end of the world". while i never made any allusion to the world ending or that i was not chilling out, he managed to not care what was actually correct, but instead just make a "witty" quip and keep the stubbornness alive. i dont think he sucks THAT bad, but i imagine many many many of the thousands of people on this site could do a MUCH better job.

rj

Dynasty
09-28-2005, 03:37 AM
Mat has brought it to my attention that my responses in the wong thread, while meant to be humorous, were misunderstood by some people. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Malachii
09-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Somewhat, I think. I think he's basically a cool guy, he just enforces things a little overzealously and takes things too seriously.

Sponger15SB
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sponger PM'd me about it and we agreed to unsuspend them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa whoa whoa. I didn't get offended by either post, but I still said you should keep csuf_gambler(?) suspended. haha.

There is a certain level of friendly insulting that goes on between posters who have built up some sort of rivalry or friendship or whatever and I don't blame Dynasty for taking action in this case at all.

dan123
09-28-2005, 11:00 PM
dynasty has no life...