PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pay for poker lessons???

J.Brown
05-13-2003, 08:26 PM
I got this idea from a post in the books/software section about Phil Hellmuth being available for one night engagements at home poker games or for lessons for the tune of $10,000 a night. I said that as a self marketing tool it was a good idea, but I wouldn't put that kind of value on it. Who (if anyone) would you pay to come play with you and give you lessons for a night? Think information, enjoyment, good stories, good strategy, insight into how poker "really" is at different levels. I am more than interested in any responses. Thanks. J.Brown

Warren Whitmore
05-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Anyone who I thought could improve my win rate by more than he/she was charging over a month period.

Softrock
05-13-2003, 11:43 PM
When I was first learning to play about 12 years ago I took lessons from Tom McEvoy at $100 an hour. I certainly have paid for the lessons by using what I learned.

RiverMel
05-14-2003, 10:29 AM
So you're saying you'd take lessons from Saddam Hussein if he were good enough at poker? How exactly does this show appreciation for the efforts of our troops overseas? I urge you to rethink your position on this issue.