PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an internet-savvy strong poker player confidant

DaNoob
05-13-2003, 06:40 PM
As I drifted off to sleep last night, dreaming as usual of poker, an idea came to me for a great online service that could be offered to poker aficionados like ourselves. While I'm sure the idea has already been discussed and discarded, I want to get the opinion of one or two of the Zoo members on its viability. Of course, in the off-chance that it is a great idea, I don't want to post it here yet for fear that someone takes it and runs with it before I can.

So, who would be the best person to ask about the idea - I would prefer deep online poker knowledge at first and then would probably need to loop someone in with coding knowledge later if the idea seemed feasible.

Sorry to be cryptic and thanks in advance for your thoughts...

DaNoob
05-13-2003, 06:57 PM
just in case anyone was misled by the title, this is not a singles ad. sorry to all those interested.

GrannyMae
05-13-2003, 07:22 PM
So, who would be the best person to ask about the idea - I would prefer deep online poker knowledge at first and then would probably need to loop someone in with coding knowledge later if the idea seemed feasible

i HAD an answer for you until you got to the coding part. i think our most successful internet player from an earning stanpoint is snowturd, and i think our most savvy internet player is lorinda. (please don't tell me i'm crazy and mention players from the other forums. they don't allow me to post outside the zoo, so my exposure is only to these animale here.)

i think those 2 have about as much coding knowledge as i have teeth.

as a matter of fact, even when i look beyond our boards, i think that the best internet players i am aware of think that code is something you have when you get the sniffles.

the two disciplines you are looking for will not be found in the same person. i think you could find the internet poker help you require, then farm out the code writing.

finally, cryptic is good.. don't apologize for that. we only understand esoteric concepts, and i look forward to hearing about your ideas once you find your candidates.

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/sport/sport16.gif

Inthacup
05-13-2003, 09:59 PM
I don't know if this will help, but talking to a few of these guys may be useful:

General Stakes Thread (http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genpok&Number=248767&page= 1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all)

I doubt Sklansky would be interested, but the guys who helped him may help you.

DaNoob
05-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Thanks Granny and Inthacup, I'll try sending a PM to one of the folks u mentioned and see if they can offer some insight. I don't want to stir up a lot of excitement yet, as the idea may be old and stale to all of you who have been in the internet poker world for a while.