PDA

View Full Version : Just check/fold this blind defence?

ArturiusX
09-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks..

Villian is pretty agro.

kidcolin
09-26-2005, 08:55 PM
At first I was like "duh, check-fold". But now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking peeling is OK.

How aggro is he? Will he bet the turn again even with hand like 88 or 77? Or will he freeze up? If he will continue to bet with anything, call down with any improvement on the turn (and obviously pump it up if you hit the nuts). If not, check-fold any non-nut hand on the turn. If he checks behind you get a free river card.

I'm still not totally sure about this. I just read over my line options and I'm not a huge fan of them. Someone else fix my mess.

deepsquat
09-26-2005, 09:14 PM
If villain is aggro i hate leading this flop, u are asking to be raised and outplayed. There is a decent chance you have 10 clean outs vs this guy. Id call the flop and fold the turn UI. You cant win every pot and u dont need to against a guy like this.

ArturiusX
09-26-2005, 09:15 PM
He was very erratic. My reasoning for the flop bet is I could make any hand that didn't have a A or a K fold, any pocket pair call, and any A/K will raise.

I don't think he'd raise with 88, but would bet if checked too.