PDA

View Full Version : Money or win?

09-26-2005, 07:31 PM
When you guys make it to the final table are you thinking about just moving up the cash ladder or are you goin for the win.

If a situation presented itself where someone went all in ad you had cards where it could/would be a coin flip but you risk being eliminated do you call in hopes of winning that hand and then winning the tournament or are you playing super tight and just trying to get more cash?

Just curious /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Exitonly
09-26-2005, 07:37 PM
if i were getting good odds at the coinflip... yea, but it'd have to be pretty good.. once i get to the FT i'm pertty confident in myself so i would avoid situations when i know i'm only a coinflip and just abuse people playing exactly like you said, to move up the ladder.

fnurt
09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
It is rarely correct to take a pure coin flip at the final table, unless you are short-stacked. Because the money goes up with each player who is eliminated, generally a 50/50 all-in confrontation is +EV for everyone else at the table, and -EV for both players involved.

However, as I like to point out, the situation where you "know" you are in a coinflip is a myth. You shouldn't be seeking out coinflips, but you certainly aren't likely to win the tournament if you live in fear of them.