PDA

View Full Version : Anbesol

Ulysses
09-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I've never used this stuff before. But I recently developed a toothache. I have a dentist's appointment scheduled for tomorrow, but in the meantime, it hurts. So, I got some Anbesol. It is pretty good stuff. I do find myself wondering, though, what would happen if I drank this little bottle of Benzocaine?

miajag81
09-26-2005, 07:23 PM
You should have asked your dentist or his/her assistant when you made the appointment.

SossMan
09-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah, anbesol is pretty good but it wears off kinda quick. I went through a whole tube sitting on the couch SCKM.

I'm sure there are worse things than a bad toothache, but I have been fortunate enough to avoid them.

Klepton
09-26-2005, 09:27 PM
i used to do this all the time

i would take a swig and swish it around in my mouth

makes your whole mouth numb for like 20 minutes, wonder if that info could be used for something...

jakethebake
09-26-2005, 09:43 PM
whatever you do with it...no trip report please, el d. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4_2_it
09-26-2005, 09:50 PM
I suggest you immediately rent and watch Marathon Man prior to any trip to the dentist. Oh yeah, the Anbesol is a good short term solution. Also, 2 or 3 extra strength Tylenol on top should help.

Good luck! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ray Zee
09-27-2005, 01:58 AM
its from eating out all the terrible crap you eat. you got what you deserve so suffer. change your ways and eat raw veggis.

edfurlong
09-27-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm pretty sure raw veggies are terrible.

shant
09-27-2005, 02:04 AM
I still think taking a bath in this stuff would be really cool.

toddw8
09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you immediately rent and watch Little Shop of Horrors prior to any trip to the dentist.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

PokerBob
09-27-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure raw veggies are terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

i almost peed myself when i read this post. stellar.

InchoateHand
09-27-2005, 02:18 AM
If you drank it? Well, you would have anesthesized [censored], not that you would notice.

Are rich people really this moronic about the basic operating principles of chemicals and bodies?

Ulysses
09-27-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you drank it? Well, you would have anesthesized [censored], not that you would notice.

Are rich people really this moronic about the basic operating principles of chemicals and bodies?

[/ QUOTE ]

The active ingredient is in a liquid, thus anesthesizing on contact. Therefore, one's mouth and throat would have a degree of anesthesization. I have no idea what the effect of a large amount of local anesthetic moving into the stomach would be.

Are people like you generally this moronic about basic principles of common sense?

Shajen
09-27-2005, 09:25 AM
bump cause I want to know if you drank it or not.

steelcmg
09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

makes your whole mouth numb for like 20 minutes, wonder if that info could be used for something...

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought this could be used for eating realy hot things when people bet u to. Like hot pepper or those suicide wings. Then u might not cry like a bitch afterwards

Tailgunner
09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Anbesol:
Hypersensitivity allergic reactions; respiratory failure and convulsions.

Benzocaine:
Both skin and dental forms: Blurred or double vision; confusion; convulsions; dizziness or lightheadedness; drowsiness; feeling hot, cold, or numb; headache; increased sweating; ringing or buzzing in ears; shivering or trembling; slow or irregular heartbeat; trouble breathing; anxiety, nervousness, or restlessness; pale skin; unusual fatigue.

<font color="teal">~TG</font> /images/graemlins/cool.gif

poincaraux
09-27-2005, 10:59 AM
I think this would probably be very bad. My wife spent a few months hanging out in the rain forest (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?tname=forest-in-poker) in Ecuador, where they tried out a ton of different medicinal plants. One of them was for toothaches: you took a little bit, wadded it up and placed it near the tooth. After a while, the tooth goes numb. If you swallow it, however, you're in a world of trouble. Everything in your throat goes numb, the muscles stop working, you can't swallow, etc. If you've swallowed too much, you can't breathe and you die. Oops.

4_2_it
09-27-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this would probably be very bad. My wife spent a few months hanging out in the rain forest (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?tname=forest-in-poker) in Ecuador, where they tried out a ton of different medicinal plants. One of them was for toothaches: you took a little bit, wadded it up and placed it near the tooth. After a while, the tooth goes numb. If you swallow it, however, you're in a world of trouble. Everything in your throat goes numb, the muscles stop working, you can't swallow, etc. If you've swallowed too much, you can't breathe and you die. Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to try some of that /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ulysses
10-03-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump cause I want to know if you drank it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because unlike InchoateHand, I actually have common sense.

daryn
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought this could be used for eating realy hot things when people bet u to. Like hot pepper or those suicide wings. Then u might not cry like a bitch afterwards

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i liked this tactic the first time i saw it in crude form, on the simpsons

InchoateHand
10-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I had commen sense once. It was pretty good. If I recall correctly, the net result of my common-sense was to not read and interpret things on internet message boards as a literal statement of fact, and thusly, to not respond accordingly.

Matt Flynn
10-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Probably nothing. Globally the dose is not toxic, but if enough got into your bloodstream fast enough it could cause symptoms, presumably first a metallic taste in the mouth followed by dizziness as that is what lidocaine toxicity does.

It would take a tremendous quantity injected into the fat to cause symptoms, which is why liposuction is done most safely without general anesthesia using lidocaine. No one dies that way, but the max fat removal is only about 5 liters.