PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Brain Fart

09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
So I was sitting at my computer at school, scrolling through fonts and reading my name to myself (it was highlighted and kept changing). All of a sudden it felt like my brain completly shut off for about a second. I didn't know who I was, where I was, what I was doing, anything. I jolted out of my seat and looked around, and just shook it off. I've never done any sort of mind bending drugs, but it was really weird. Anybody else ever had anything like this happen to them?

SpearsBritney
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
That's why I just stick with Times New Roman

Slow Play Ray
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me laugh.

One time I forgot my ATM pin number that I had used consistently for like 5 years, and the machine ate my card after 2 failed attempts at remembering. Is it kind of like that?

MrTrik
09-26-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

Spaded
09-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Yes, one time a couple years ago in a molecular biology class I was a little sleepy, and all of the sudden I get a massive wave of thoughts shooting all over my head, like I am aware of everything that I have ever known, all at once. That woke me up.

HopeydaFish
09-26-2005, 07:25 PM
You were probably just having a stroke.

09-26-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You were probably just having a stroke.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could seriosly have been the case. I've heard many strokes happen without people realizing they are strokes, any medical people here know about this?

Los Feliz Slim
09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Yes, this has happened to me. It's like your brain restarts.

I have forgotten how to dial a phone recently, just sat here and stared at it. Also, you need a key to open the bathroom on my office's floor; and I have stood in front of that door, key in hand, without a clue as to what I was supposed to do. I've got a whole lot going on these days, and sometimes some information just gets lost in the shuffle, I think.

Or, I have early Alzheimer's.

Spaded
09-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Or maybe I fell asleep and just woke up without knowing it... no adverse effects.

bravos1
09-26-2005, 07:46 PM
was it like a weird deja vu feeling? I had some feelings like this, and I was kind of seperated from myself. I ending up finding that they were small (aura/petite) seizures, unfortunately I did not discover this until I saw a neurologist after I had a grand mal seizure /images/graemlins/frown.gif This may not be related in anyway, but is definately not something to joke about.. well not much anyway /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gobboboy
09-26-2005, 08:42 PM
This happened to me a few years back a LOT. I called them mind resets, personally. It really sucked in the classroom.

mason55
09-26-2005, 08:45 PM
This is how I always feel at the end of a 3 day coke binge