PDA

View Full Version : Doom the movie

phillydilly
09-26-2005, 06:45 PM
so i just saw that Doom the Movie is coming out

now, normally i'd say this movie will completely blow, as most video games to movies do.

BUT

i just went to the officical site, and it may have promise, first off, it has an R rating, which for a Doom movie would have to be necessary, and sounds like they may be shooting for an older audience.

Also, the main character is going to be The Rock, again, questionable, but i think he could pull it off...

anyone else have any thoughts?

official site is doommovie.com

Skip Brutale
09-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Man I played that doom video game. And the Rock was never in it. Who do they think they are fooling?

Supersetoy
09-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Who is the main female character in this movie? I saw some quick shots of her getting 1) Sexed up then 2) Getting maimed/killed.

Is there unnecessary nudity in this movie? If so, I'll rent it. I used to love playing DOOM...much better than Wolfenstein 3D (but not as creepy with the whole Nazi thing)

Stork
09-27-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the main character is going to be The Rock

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sign me up.

Dave G.
09-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Sounds good to me. The Rock is a decent actor. Not sure who else they'd get to play it, but I'm glad it's not Steven Segal.

Looks like I'll be seeing this one.

theben
09-27-2005, 12:05 AM
i havent gone to the movies in months. im definetly going for this one. go BFG and plasma rifle

wonderwes
09-27-2005, 02:09 AM
There will be scene several scenes in the movie where it will look like the game. They try to incorprate camera angles with first person views, so what you see on the screen is through the actors eyes with their gun pointed.

I haven't read much on the movie, so I hope it at least has a decent storyline/plot. You will see all the DooM guns used in the movie.

TheMainEvent
09-27-2005, 02:13 AM
I am in disbelief that people in this thread are listing The Rock as a reason this movie will be good. Every movie he has been in has been an absolute disaster.

shant
09-27-2005, 02:14 AM
From the commercials, I'd say this movie is DOOMed.

hoyaboy1
09-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Rundown wasn't too bad, and he did the best he could in the piece of crap known as Be Cool.

beernutz
09-27-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am in disbelief that people in this thread are listing The Rock as a reason this movie will be good. Every movie he has been in has been an absolute disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another Drama Queen.

Blarg
09-27-2005, 05:35 AM
This is one I have to see whether it's a disaster or a success, because I loved the DOOM games so much.

I saw some shots from the movie and it looks like the movie's look is pure DOOM 3, but I hope they sneak some things in from the other DOOMs, too. I'll get a big laugh if they at least sneak some of the musical riffs from the first DOOM in.

Honestly, I hope there isn't much sexing up in this movie. Hollywood ruins many a movie by trying to stuff a romance in it sideways where it really doesn't work, and then they don't develop it or make you care about the romance anyway; it's just formula. DOOM is completely mindless fun and slaughtering demonic weirdos. It's not politically astute, socially conscious, sexy, romantic, or something that needs moronic Arnold one-liners.

This is the kind of movie that needs as much action and as little talking as possible. The only thing I'll need to see coming out of anyone's mouths is their own guts.

MarkL444
09-27-2005, 05:43 AM
it needs to have some first-person viewage

siccjay
09-27-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. Rundown and Walking Tall were decent flicks.

He was [censored] hilarious in Be Cool. Awful movie, great characters.

NobodysFreak
09-27-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rundown wasn't too bad, and he did the best he could in the piece of crap known as Be Cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was the only saving grace in that movie. I don't see how he could really f'up Doom either. I'll take him over Vin Diesel any day.

Jack of Arcades
09-27-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the main character is going to be The Rock

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sign me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

SittinOnDubsWGW
09-27-2005, 10:08 AM
personally, I wasn't ever a huge DOOM fan. It was an OK game, but it was a bit tedious IMO. It will be interesting to see what the plot of this movie will be and how they'll try to make it an interesting film.

theben
09-27-2005, 10:14 AM
sweet. 2x shotgun ruled