PDA

View Full Version : mp3 player and headphones

mandrAKe
09-26-2005, 06:42 PM
I want a mp3 player, been thinking about an iPod nano but I'd really like to use UMS (usb mass storage) so I wont have to use iTunes. Small is good, and at least 4gb i think.

Also nice headphones for that? was thinking around 200 bucks-something. ppl tell me sennheiser is the [censored]?

Mason Hellmuth
09-26-2005, 06:50 PM
You clearly have your priorities in the right place.

I suggest the Shure E3 (http://www.earphonesolutions.com/she3ea.html) in-ear phones, although I've had problems lately with the sleeves coming off in my ears. This might be because I'm retarded.

mmbt0ne
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I suggest the Shure E3 (http://www.earphonesolutions.com/she3ea.html) in-ear phones, although I've had problems lately with the sleeves coming off in my ears. This might be because I'm retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy new sleeves. This happened to me once too, but if you buy replacement sleeves, it keeps them tight on the drivers.

Mason Hellmuth
09-26-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy new sleeves. This happened to me once too, but if you buy replacement sleeves, it keeps them tight on the drivers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! I actually still have the replacement sleeves that came in the package, but I never thought of this. I'll give it a shot.

PITTM
09-26-2005, 07:18 PM
www.head-fi.org. (http://www.head-fi.org.)
they will have allllllllll the audio advice youll ever need.

rj

bdk3clash
09-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Not sure if this is the case with the Nano but my iPod mini came with both USB and Firewire cables. There's third-party software you can use to manage the iPod if you really want to avoid iTunes. (I find it pretty easy to use to manage my iPod even though I use WinAmp as my primary audio player.)

PITTM
09-26-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
even though I use WinAmp as my primary audio player.

[/ QUOTE ]

foobar2k!!! come on, get with the times!

rj

bdk3clash
09-26-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
even though I use WinAmp as my primary audio player.

[/ QUOTE ]

foobar2k!!! come on, get with the times!

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
WinAmp rules! I love it, and yes, I've tried others.

MrTrik
09-26-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winamp blows. Things have come a long way in recent times.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-26-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

Come on, people. When you make statements like this, you have to say why. What is so much better than WinAmp? Why is it better?

mandrAKe
09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
I was more lookin for the bigger kind of headphones, like sennheiser HD555 or similar. whats this about closed and open phones anyway?

Will a pair of HD555 eat the battery of my mp3player in an instant?

PITTM
09-26-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

Come on, people. When you make statements like this, you have to say why. What is so much better than WinAmp? Why is it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

foobar2k has a better equalizer, you can choose your output settings if youre running an external DAC(i am). you can adjust crossfeed better, the interface is easier to use...how long should i be going with this?

rj

PITTM
09-26-2005, 08:50 PM
i would buy the hd 555. i &lt;3 sennheiser. i use modded hd-580s out of an amp with my ipod. when im too lazy to bring my amp i just use my akg k26p. sealed headphones are the nuts when youre going portably. while the 555s sound really really good and i enjoy them quite a bit, i would say you should get something like the sennheiser hd 25-1s like you see all the sportscasters wearing. they are closed, 100 dollar headphones that sound spectacular. and they are fairly low impedance so they run fine unamped. hope that helps.

rj

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-26-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

[/ QUOTE ]

foobar2k has a better equalizer, you can choose your output settings if youre running an external DAC(i am). you can adjust crossfeed better, the interface is easier to use...how long should i be going with this?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Go on until you hit something that's useful to a normal person just wanting to play music through their computer speakers.

PITTM
09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

[/ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Go on until you hit something that's useful to a normal person just wanting to play music through their computer speakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

what am i supposed to say? if you dont care enough to have good equipment for your music than why would you bother with any player? to me it makes a difference but to someone listening out of powered computer speakers running out of an unknown soundcard i cant imagine it would. i dunno, use windows media player if you dont care. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rj

edit: plus, i thought we were talking about HEADPHONES, not speakers, in which case crossfeed DOES make a difference. check it out. youll like it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-26-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

[/ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what am i supposed to say? if you dont care enough to have good equipment for your music than why would you bother with any player? to me it makes a difference but to someone listening out of powered computer speakers running out of an unknown soundcard i cant imagine it would. i dunno, use windows media player if you dont care. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rj

edit: plus, i thought we were talking about HEADPHONES, not speakers, in which case crossfeed DOES make a difference. check it out. youll like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can appreciate all this, but what I'm looking for is interface improvements.

PITTM
09-26-2005, 09:22 PM
like what? cool skins? then do winamp. i like their skins. i just like the way playlists on foobar work, plus the features stated earlier. and i dont mind that my music player is just a full screen list of songs with a couple small buttons at the top.

rj

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-26-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like what? cool skins? then do winamp. i like their skins. i just like the way playlists on foobar work, plus the features stated earlier. and i dont mind that my music player is just a full screen list of songs with a couple small buttons at the top.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't give two shits for skins. Useful improvements. Better playlists or other organization or something. I don't know.

beernutz
09-27-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drama queen.