PDA

View Full Version : MegaTilt

09-26-2005, 06:02 PM
My biggest problem in poker is always been tilt. Lately my tilt is coming bigger and bigger. About month ago i was playing 1/2 no limit holdem and i was playing well. I dont have any pokertracker stats, but my winrate was between 10-15BB/100 over 10k hands, Building roll 50nl to 200nl in 3 months and everything was great. But one day, my game was really bad and lost some money. Then i was A big tilt!! Its never been so bad. I saw one guy in 5/10nl heads up table and join in. After 10min playing, lost all my money in poker account over 1k. I feel terrible and want lose money. So i go Bettingaccount and load money in pokeraccount 2k. Then I join 10/20nl table and lost all 2k in few minutes, total lost in one day over 3k. Okay now im really terrible feeling and want lost more money. Again i go bettingaccount to load money in pokeraccount. But there is some limit how much can reload in one day in poker and i dont have any limit left. So what i do??I have 5k in my bettingaccount and cant play poker. I dont care my money and want to lose my money. Yes, i bet all money in sportbetting. I try put all money in one game, but limit is only 3.3k. So i bet that 3.3k. Rest of money i bet same game, totals. My 8k bankroll is all in. Very lucky but i actually won that 3.3k bet and won 6.5k. Cashed everything in seconds my bankaccount. This happen a month ago.

Few days ago, though Im ready again to play poker. Deposit 5k. Yesterday was my first pokerday after that terrible day.
I start to lost money, but now i didnt tilt att all. Feeling great and losing money. Knew my plays were really bad but still no tilt. End that day losing 100$. Today my feeling were great. Firts i lost 60$ then i won 90$ so i was up 20$.But then, again i got megatilt. Join .25/.50 headsup no limit table against total fish. lost buyin or two. And Here we go again, supermegatilt. Fantastic!!! Load more money in moneybookers and join 5/10 table. Lost only 400$, all my money in account. Then i go next site to play blackjack. My balance were 320$. One hand i put 320 bet. The dealer get blackjack.RIGGED. Okay next one. 280$ in account and bet score 3-2 to soccer match with nice odds. Result was /images/graemlins/mad.gif .
I felt to lose more money. So i bet 2300$ in one soccer game. I had 1.5k left and somehow, i didnt lose those money. Just closed computer. That 2.3k soccer match was showing tv.I watched hole match. It not was very nice. But afterall, my team won and i won. Again lucky. Now my balance is, same what i deposit 5k. My feelings is going up and down. Dont lost any money, but i know if playing like this, i will go broke soon or later.

What i can do? Help me beat the tilt.

09-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Trust your money to your closest people. You really need a real person to help you. Your self discipline has severely crippled. I guess you have got your money too easy. You're mentally in really BAAAAD shape.

GoCubsGo
09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
The fact that you have identified it and posted here for help is a good start. A couple things you could try. Go to the store. Buy something really nice for like $150. Every time you feel like blowing some money, look at this thing. You could also try flusing a just a $50 bill down the toilet. Think of how you would feel if you had to do this 20 times. Or maybe think of how a close friend or family member would view your behavior. That's best advice I can give because I'm not prone to tilting this bad and don't really understand how one can just lose control like that.

Jacob_Gilliam
09-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Stop all forms of gambling! You're becoming a fish. You're just playing because you need the adrenaline rush, not because your decisions are +EV.

09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Only solution here is to play 5/10 nl with me.

But seriously you need help.

skiier04
09-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Withdrawl all of your money and get some help.

jskills
09-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Your problem is not "tilt" - quite obviously you have a gambling problem.

You should remove all your money NOW from all accounts and toss it in the bank. If you do not do this, I'd say the next time you wager your whole bankroll on the sports book to even up for poker or blackjack (wtf?) losses, you're going to get flat busted.

You actually wrote several times in your post "I want to lose more money". Think about that. Then get what money you have left and protect it from yourself.

09-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks guys for your help. I appreciate that. This problem is come so big. I take few months off from poker and comeback when im ready to control myself better.
Probably I should see a doctor and get some help.

Is there any good books for moneymanagement or problem gambling, what you can recommend?