PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe there's actually people like this

Justin A
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
I went with my wife to see the new Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers, and a little bit into the movie I hear a vibrating noise from a phone about two seats to my left. The woman who owns the purse starts messing around in here purse, obviously to turn off her phone. But then she grabs the phone, opens it up and whispers, "hello?"

So I'm sitting there with my jaw dropped, and she continues to have a short whispered conversation, eventually telling the person on the other line that she's in a movie and has to go.

I can't say I'm too upset about the incident, it was much more entertaining than the movie.

09-26-2005, 05:46 PM
I was with a friend who did this once, and I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it

SpearsBritney
09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.

Amid Cent
09-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Unless the person owning the phone is a large and scary looking man, I will grab the phone and throw it as far away as possible.

tdarko
09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
that sucks man, and such a wrong movie to do it in too since its pretty much a mood film with little dialogue an not exactly Die Hard.

next time, stand up and say "your f*cking world b*tch!"

peterchi
09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
I was at an Asian Culture show back in college and this kid in front of me answered his phone and basically started yelling into it, because the show was really loud at the time. So of course he had to be even louder. And his phone had these weird flashing lights, looked like a damn strobe light.

Freaking Asians. Seriously, we're so damn clueless sometimes.

Oh, also, my gf's dad (not Asian) answered his cell phone in a theater once. But he's a doctor. I think he hung up once he figured out that no one was dying.

09-26-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers
vibrating noise from a phone

[/ QUOTE ]
Where's that brilliantIMO gimmick a/c?

B Dids
09-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Star Wars Ep 1. Some kid in the front row has his phone ring THREE times in the last 15 minutes of the movie. The last time about 5 people just start yelling, he yells "SHUT IT" and then when the movie is over just bolts out of there, as I'm pretty sure he knew that some pissed off nerds were ready to go wild on him.

ThaSaltCracka
09-26-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see what the issue is. My brothers phone vibrated once while we were in a movie. He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later". The people in fron of us, a fat women and her fat significant other, told him to turn his damn phone off. "I said shut up" She turned around, the fat man gave me the evil eye, end of story. I don't give a [censored].

phil_ivey_fan
09-26-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went with my wife to see the new Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers, and a little bit into the movie I hear a vibrating noise from a phone about two seats to my left. The woman who owns the purse starts messing around in here purse, obviously to turn off her phone. But then she grabs the phone, opens it up and whispers, "hello?"

So I'm sitting there with my jaw dropped, and she continues to have a short whispered conversation, eventually telling the person on the other line that she's in a movie and has to go.

I can't say I'm too upset about the incident, it was much more entertaining than the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she black?...what do I win?

This type of incident is rising at an exponential rate on my list of "things that annoy me the most". Almost up there with the following scenerio...

1)phone rings
2)owner of the phone pretends like its not his but its obvious that its his becasue its blasting the new 50cent song.
3) phone rings again
4)owner takes phone out of his pocket and then looks around to make sure everyone in the proximity can see that he owns a cell phone.
5) phone rings again
6) owner finally answers

I like to walk up to this guy while he's on the phone and be like.. "wow is that the new <insert brand: LG, Nokia, etc) ###. that is awesome. did you know that it can send multimedia messages?"

stigmata
09-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Yeah there was this comedy sketch on a BBC program a while back.

Quite cinema. Classic Nokia ringtone starts ringing....

Man picks up comedy-sized mobile phone at back of cinema, and shouts into it:

HI.
I'M IN A CINEMA.
NAH, THE FILMS [censored]

Anyway, it works better visually.... Its filmed "in real life" so the reaction of the people is pretty funny....

tdarko
09-26-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later".

[/ QUOTE ]
this is clearly different than answering thephone, "hello?" i still don't know why it's absolutely pertinent that you answer the phone, what's wrong with a missed call? people call me all the time (phone on vibrate) while i am in the movie and i never answer, i just call them back when i get out.

The once and future king
09-26-2005, 06:31 PM
In Britain they have a good film at the begining of the main show that makes anyone who leaves there phone on look like a wanker. Consequently everyone turns there phone off the moment it ends. This is good because if you do leave your phone on in a cinema you are an utter tool.

09-26-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was with a friend who did this once, and I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not deserving of your avatar!

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

oddjob
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see what the issue is. My brothers phone vibrated once while we were in a movie. He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later". The people in fron of us, a fat women and her fat significant other, told him to turn his damn phone off. "I said shut up" She turned around, the fat man gave me the evil eye, end of story. I don't give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

you and your friend are both douchebags

The once and future king
09-26-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later".

[/ QUOTE ]
this is clearly different than answering thephone, "hello?" i still don't know why it's absolutely pertinent that you answer the phone, what's wrong with a missed call? people call me all the time (phone on vibrate) while i am in the movie and i never answer, i just call them back when i get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, why answer the phone just to tell someone you cant talk to them?

miajag81
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why even answer the phone at all?

SL__72
Opening night of The Wedding Crashers... obviously the theatre was full. A phone starts ringing quite loudly and the guy in front of me digs through the purse of the women he was with and pulls the phone out. Instead of silencing it he decides to see who it is. At this point much of the crowd is obviously quite annoyed (turning back, looking at him, scowling etc.) So what does he do? Well obviously he answered or I wouldn't be telling this story. Not only did he answer, but he did so in a normal speaking voice and carried out a full 20 second conversation making plans to call the person back after the movie to talk about possibly going to the bar.

Before the movie was over he answered his phone again and yelled at someone who told him to get off the phone. Oh, and he didn't turn the ringer off and went through the whole digging the phone out of the purse/checking to see who was calling routine again when he got the second call.

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny but I think l lot of the other 400 or so other movie goers were quite annoyed by it.

For anyone who knows Minneapolis this happened at the Block E theatre.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the thought process I'd attribute to someone going to a movie and not turning off their friggin' phone - barring the expectation of an emergency call. In which case I question why the hell they're in the movie!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-26-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that sucks man, and such a wrong movie to do it in too since its pretty much a mood film with little dialogue an not exactly Die Hard.

next time, stand up and say "your f*cking world b*tch!"

[/ QUOTE ]

And then "kick 'em in the balls!" (Thank you Al Capone Junior)

Unless you think she ain't got balls. In which case you kick the balls of the guy she's with. Assuming she's with a guy.

Maybe I should delete this?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PITTM
09-26-2005, 06:40 PM
yeah, what an [censored], asking someone to turn their phone off in a movie theatre...did you try to pick a fight with the screen when it said that too? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

rj

SpearsBritney
09-26-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the thought process I'd attribute to someone going to a movie and not turning off their friggin' phone - barring the expectation of an emergency call. In which case I question why the hell they're in the movie!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly wouldn't do it myself. But if the person had the phone on vibrate, whispered, and kept it short, I would probably excuse her ignorance and just move on with my life.

There's far too many idiots I encounter on a daily basis for it to have much of an effect on me anymore.

Lazymeatball
09-26-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah there was this comedy sketch on a BBC program a while back.... "HI. I'M IN A CINEMA. NAH, THE FILMS RUBBISH"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is on ComedyCentral in the states. It's called "Trigger Happy TV" starring Dom Jolly. Usually every episode has a giant cell phone bit with him yelling "it's rubbish!"

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004ZBXQ.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

billymonk
09-26-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went with my wife to see the new Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers, and a little bit into the movie I hear a vibrating noise from a vibrator about two seats to my left. The woman who owns the vibrator starts messing around in her cooch, obviously to turn herself on. But then she grabs the seat arm, leans back and moans, "Oh"

So I'm sitting there with my jaw dropped, and she continues to have short whispered orgasms, eventually slowing down and realizing that she's in a movie and has to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool!

ThaSaltCracka
09-26-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you and your friend are both douchebags

[/ QUOTE ]whatever, someone discretely and promptly telling someone on the phone that they are in a movie, is about as rude as some fat bitch turning around and rudely telling someone to get off the phone. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right, and I said earlier I don't give a [censored].

ThaSaltCracka
09-26-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]good question, I usually don't answer my phone, then again, I rarely have my phones ringer on, because I find the sound of a phone ringing completely annoying. But once the phone is answered, what then? Be prompt, quiet, and polite, which he did. 99% of the people need to mind their own [censored] business, especially fat ho's that block peoples views.

Sponger15SB
09-26-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah there was this comedy sketch on a BBC program a while back.

Quite cinema. Classic Nokia ringtone starts ringing....

Man picks up comedy-sized mobile phone at back of cinema, and shouts into it:

HI.
I'M IN A CINEMA.
NAH, THE FILMS [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the standard nokia ringtone and whenever it rings my friend start messing with me any saying [censored] like "HELLO? IM IN A CINEMA"

jerks.

Then again I *could* change my ringtone.

spamuell
09-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Trigger Happy is hilarious.

PokerBob
09-26-2005, 08:55 PM
yet more proof of my theory that most people should be killed.

09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]good question, I usually don't answer my phone, then again, I rarely have my phones ringer on, because I find the sound of a phone ringing completely annoying. But once the phone is answered, what then? Be prompt, quiet, and polite, which he did. 99% of the people need to mind their own [censored] business, especially fat ho's that block peoples views.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to be inconsiderate enough to leave your phone on and answer it in a movie theater, then sit at the end of the aisle so you can take your call outside if your phone rings. Simple.

JordanIB
09-26-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To your point, I can't blame her for having a conversation during that god-awful movie.

wacki
09-26-2005, 09:27 PM
I watching a movie once. I grabbed my drink and started taking big gulps. The 18 year old kid next to me started to stare at me. I was like "WTF is wrong with you?". He turned away and didn't say a thing. Then I realized, I never bought a drink.

miajag81
09-26-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I watching a movie once. I grabbed my drink and started taking big gulps. The 18 year old kid next to me started to stare at me. I was like "WTF is wrong with you?". He turned away and didn't say a thing. Then I realized, I never bought a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, awesome

did you apologize to him after the movie?

metsmaniac823
09-26-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best story so far.

diebitter
09-26-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best story so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better than me apparently pissing myself in front of an entire cinema? Oh sorry, wrong thread.

wacki
09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, awesome

did you apologize to him after the movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we just watched the rest of the movie without saying a word. I was too embarrassed and apparently he was too scared, wierded out or something.. I think he got up and left a little bit early.

toddw8
09-26-2005, 10:40 PM
My rude cell phone behavior story doesn't take place in a movie theater but it's along the same lines. It's nearing the end of the semester in my Business Communications class and it's time for group presentations. I'm sitting there, pretending to pay attention to some boring, half-assed presentation like any good student would when a cell phone starts ringing. Nothing new, it happens fairly often. But this time is different. I hear "Hello? . . . This is not a good time," and turn to see who the [censored] is. I look in time to see the person leaving the room to continue her conversation. It was the [censored] teacher! The door shuts and the whole class is completely dumbfounded. The kids giving the speech stop, and everyone just sits in silence looking at each other for about a minute. The teacher returns, says "I'm sorry" and asks the group to continue. Easily the most rude cell phone behavior I've ever seen.

Dave G.
09-26-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whatever, someone discretely and promptly telling someone on the phone that they are in a movie, is about as rude as some fat bitch turning around and rudely telling someone to get off the phone. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right, and I said earlier I don't give a [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be "discrete", turn your friggin phone off. Why do people feel such a need to be 100% available for any random conversation at any point in the day? It's like most people think that tragedy will strike if they're out of mobile contact for 2 hours. What the hell could be SO important that you absolutely MUST answer EVERY call IMMEDIATELY?

People greatly overestimate how important they actually are. Call them back later and stop being a selfish ass. Manners people, I grew up learning them. It's not too late to learn, for most of you anyway.

Btw, if someone yelled at me after I told him to turn his phone off, I'd punch him square in the face. I guess they can call that "mobile rage" or something.

Justin A
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My rude cell phone behavior story doesn't take place in a movie theater but it's along the same lines. It's nearing the end of the semester in my Business Communications class and it's time for group presentations. I'm sitting there, pretending to pay attention to some boring, half-assed presentation like any good student would when a cell phone starts ringing. Nothing new, it happens fairly often. But this time is different. I hear "Hello? . . . This is not a good time," and turn to see who the [censored] is. I look in time to see the person leaving the room to continue her conversation. It was the [censored] teacher! The door shuts and the whole class is completely dumbfounded. The kids giving the speech stop, and everyone just sits in silence looking at each other for about a minute. The teacher returns, says "I'm sorry" and asks the group to continue. Easily the most rude cell phone behavior I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen students answer their phone in class and not leave the room for the conversation. The teacher just stopped and stared, I don't think it had ever occurred to her that it could ever happen.

Justin A
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is she black?...what do I win?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was a fat white woman.

ThaSaltCracka
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
you are such a bad ass.

Dave G.
09-26-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are such a bad ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

word muthafucka.

ThaSaltCracka
09-26-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are such a bad ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

word muthafucka.

[/ QUOTE ]well played.

-Skeme-
09-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Reminds me of this stupid bitch in my remedial math class who'd always leave her phone on. Then it'd always ring, and she'd always act surprised and ALWAYS do the little "oh okay, really, oh well I have to go cause I'm in class" chat. What a cow.

theben
09-27-2005, 12:06 AM
some people are incredibly rude

HopeydaFish
09-27-2005, 12:20 AM
I was on training last week and a Filipino guy in my class had his phone ring, he answered it, and then proceeded to scream at someone in Filipino for about 5 minutes without leaving the room. He finally got off the phone and then called someone else and proceeded to have another 5 minute conversation with this second person (presumably about the first conversation).

I couldn't believe that the instructor didn't ask him to take it outside.

ChipWrecked
09-27-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reminds me of this stupid bitch in my remedial math class

[/ QUOTE ]

I started laughing right there.

TheTROLL
09-27-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was on training last week and a Filipino guy in my class had his phone ring, he answered it, and then proceeded to scream at someone in Filipino for about 5 minutes without leaving the room. He finally got off the phone and then called someone else and proceeded to have another 5 minute conversation with this second person (presumably about the first conversation).

I couldn't believe that the instructor didn't ask him to take it outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds familiar - and I'm sure it was a Filipino when someone posted something similar months ago. Could it be the same inconsiderate moran, or is it just the same story and didn't happen last week at all?

Blarg
09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.

/DEANWORMER Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

siccjay
09-27-2005, 07:57 AM
lmao

I was thinking the same thing....."Have I read this thread before?"

Blarg
09-27-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that is killer funny man.

As to not saying anything -- I think I would have felt freakier not apologizing than saying oop, I'm sorry for being a jackass, but I had no idea there -- and here's a couple bucks for the coke.

(assuming most buys aren't interested in some other weirdo dude's cooties)

Oh, and I shouldn't leave out: Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

That would actually have been a hilarious thing to say to him next.

private joker
09-27-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I was in a movie when this woman walked into my row halfway through the film. I was the only person in the row, and the theater was basically empty, so I thought it was weird that she was invading my space. She kept walking towards me, then sat right down next to me. It was very distracting and I was trying to pay attention to the subtitles and sh|t.

Anyway, she unwraps a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and takes one out and puts it in front of my face. This was even weirder. I guess I didn't want to be rude, and I do like Reese's, so I took it. And I ate it. Then, a few minutes later, she leans over to say something, and finally gets a look at me. I am not her husband.

She quickly apologizes and says "Oops I'm in the wrong row." And she walks out into the aisle, goes further down a couple rows, and sits next to the man down there. He probably wondered where his Reese's went.

Blarg
09-27-2005, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whatever, someone discretely and promptly telling someone on the phone that they are in a movie, is about as rude as some fat bitch turning around and rudely telling someone to get off the phone. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right, and I said earlier I don't give a [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be "discrete", turn your friggin phone off. Why do people feel such a need to be 100% available for any random conversation at any point in the day? It's like most people think that tragedy will strike if they're out of mobile contact for 2 hours. What the hell could be SO important that you absolutely MUST answer EVERY call IMMEDIATELY?

People greatly overestimate how important they actually are. Call them back later and stop being a selfish ass. Manners people, I grew up learning them. It's not too late to learn, for most of you anyway.

Btw, if someone yelled at me after I told him to turn his phone off, I'd punch him square in the face. I guess they can call that "mobile rage" or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question very well.

[ QUOTE ]
People greatly overestimate how important they actually are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Young kids are just nasty pieces of work today. Parents indulge their bad behavior all their lives and they grow up to be jerks, just like their parents.

There's little more ridiculous and obnoxious than a punk kid still stuck in his anti-parental "You can't tell ME!" mode. Watching them work through their infantile traumas in the real world is really tiresome and unpleasant.

diebitter
09-27-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Young kids are just nasty pieces of work today. Parents indulge their bad behavior all their lives and they grow up to be jerks, just like their parents.

There's little more ridiculous and obnoxious than a punk kid still stuck in his anti-parental "You can't tell ME!" mode. Watching them work through their infantile traumas in the real world is really tiresome and unpleasant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd kill em.

FouTight
09-27-2005, 08:17 AM
I used to work in a theatre and had absolutely no reservations whatsoever about kicking out an annoying customer. Yes, all of this qualifies as annoying.

If there is a theatre that is full, and 1 person is annoying 200 other people, why would you want to accomdiate that 1 person.

If you can't wait 30 seconds to walk outside and call them back (did you know that cell phones have caller id?) or let them leave a message, then you shouldn't be in a movie, you have more important things to be doing.

Blarg
09-27-2005, 08:19 AM
LOL I love confused situations like this.

Once I was walking down at the beach and some woman was looking somewhere around me for someone or something, I don't know what, and kept moving her hand around in different ways to shield her eyes from the sun. I looked around pretending to be confused, did a slow Oh well, why not? sort of bewildered shrug, and made with a kind of hesitant wave back at her, as if I had thought she was waving to me and had no idea what the hell she was doing it for. She caught on right away and cracked up.

Misinterpretations can be fun to run with sometimes.

Blarg
09-27-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd kill em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would, or did?

Murder is rarely appreciated for its ability to build bridges between people.

diebitter
09-27-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd kill em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a contraction for would, or did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell says 'I did kill them' except pirates and the extras from Deliverance? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-27-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd kill em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a contraction for would, or did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell says 'I did kill them' except pirates and the extras from Deliverance? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. You're funny

diebitter
09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks, Peg.

rlpsjstyle
09-27-2005, 08:31 AM
My greatest cell phone/theatre story took place in a sold-out opening night show of The Players' Club (Ice Cube, Jamie Foxx). None of my friends wanted to sit next to anyone else, but that's not an option in a sold out theatre. I sit down on the inside, and our row is filled up by other moviegoers.

Well, half way through the show, the guy next to me pulls out his cell phone, and proceeds to MAKE A CALL. The gentleman he calls answers, and my neighbor chats for a few seconds before saying:

"I forgot, I'm in a movie, I'll call you back."

He then hangs up before the guy on the other end has a chance to say anything.

Still my favorite part of that film.

codewarrior
09-27-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and then proceeded to scream at someone in Tagalog for about 5 minutes without leaving the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.