PDA

View Full Version : 3 handed A7o

baronzeus
09-26-2005, 04:24 PM
A7o SB

TAG opens on the button, I 3bet A7o, BB folds.

Flop KJT two diamonds

I bet, he raises, I call

Turn 8s

I check/call

River 9h

I check/raise and intend to fold to a 3bet

Thoughts?

Derek in NYC
09-26-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll only three-bet this if his ASB is reasonably high. Otherwise, Im happy to fold even though it is spineless.

I bet the flop and fold to a raise.

I fold the turn. Despite being open-ended, I think you're either (a) behind, or (b) going to end up second best or chopping if a 9 hits, that it's not worth playing on.

Played the way you did, I would just check-call the river rather than getting fancy. Checkraise-foldto3bet on the river is just crappy for metagame.

Victor
09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
you are far behind the tags range on the turn and your outs are often tainted. seems like a totally easy turn fold.

hobbsmann
09-26-2005, 04:32 PM
I think the turn call is little thin on your part. You pretty much need to assume that all of your A outs and ass end gutshot outs are good to profitably call here and IMO that is a huge stretch.

As played I think your river plan is good as all two pair hands will probably call and a 3-bet is a Q everytime.

Edit: I didn't realize you were double gutted. Turn is closer now, but still fairly thin.

baronzeus
09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are far behind the tags range on the turn and your outs are often tainted. seems like a totally easy turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i think it was in retrospect too

but what about the river

TStoneMBD
09-26-2005, 04:36 PM
i like the whole hand, well played.

(14 minutes go by...)

i call the turn because its quite possible villain has a queen and checks the river. folding seems too weak. river is good poker.

arkady
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
dont fold to a 3bet.

baronzeus
09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont fold to a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

was curious about this...you think he 3bets 2pr/set often enough here to make it a call?