PDA

View Full Version : SF at AZ

Gambler
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Why are they playing a regular season game in Mexico City?

Jackmama
09-26-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had assumed it was so they could boost the sales of Ron Mexico jerseys, but it doesn't look like Atlanta is playing.

09-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I would think to expand their fan base beyond the 15k fans who pack Sun Devil Stadium.

Gambler
09-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I just think its lame that the 25 Cardinals season ticket holders are getting screwed out of a game.

Well, Mexico is the rapidly becoming the 51st state so I guess its not too far off.

09-26-2005, 03:28 PM
I liked jackmama's answer better lol

09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure if you guys saw this during the summer, but during Vick's trial, a few people tried to order No. 7, "Mexico" Falcons jerseys off of NFL.com. The NFL shut it down though, citing a weak explanation to do with personal privacy. Vick is likely going to be dodging the media scrums this week. I can see a smarmy reporter asking him what he thinks about the Mexico situation.

On a side note, the Mexicans have been through a lot in their history, and have been conquered and robbed more than a few times. But to line up the Niners and Cardinals for their first NFL game is just plain cruel.

Edit: "Mexico" article (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7504682)

I still find this hilarious. Pity the real Ron Mexico, who has probably had a tough time getting laid these last few months.

duma
09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
over in this game looks good. SF can put up points but likes to give them back in the 2nd half of games. plus the NFL not want this to be a snooze fest and lose their chance at the Mexican market. they will want this to be an exciting game for the Mexicans to watch and will try and get both teams to force the scoring action.

FishNChips
09-26-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plus the NFL not want this to be a snooze fest and lose their chance at the Mexican market. they will want this to be an exciting game for the Mexicans to watch and will try and get both teams to force the scoring action.

[/ QUOTE ]
if we allow your assumption to be true, that the NFL wants a high scoring game, then please explain how the NFL goes about doing this? Do the not call holding penalties on the O-line? Do they call more pass interference? Do the offer the coaches hidden incentives to run up the points?

I'm not saying that the over is a bad bet (I'm not a fan of the AZ offense right now depending on Warner's condition, but we'll ignore that), but I'm not sure that "the fix is in" is a good reason to go with the over.

FishNChips
I Suck At This!
1-5-1 in the 3+1 and needing KC to win tonight, and -2 units and 0-2 in NFL picks this season (have KC moneyline at +160) hoping to make up for Giants performance last night.

09-26-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
have KC moneyline at +160

[/ QUOTE ]

Pray tell where you found that? It hasn't been over +135 at even the best books.

09-26-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they will want this to be an exciting game for the Mexicans to watch and will try and get both teams to force the scoring action

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I heard they going to shorten the field to 60 yards and allow 6 plays to get a first down. Oh, and the defenses can only have 6 men on the field while the ofenses get 18. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

WLC4Ever
09-26-2005, 10:08 PM
I just saw on the ESPN crawl that Warner is gonna miss this game. I saw SF +120 and I think I'm gonna pick it up. Yea Warner sucks, but McCown sucks...if you know what I mean.

lorinda
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
London next year?! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

09-26-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
London next year?! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you stop calling soccer football.

Gramps
09-26-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Bill Bidwell owns the Cardinals, and will make a lot more $$ selling 115,000 tickets at Azteca Stadium than in Arizona - er...all in the name of promoting the NFL product in new markets...

lorinda
09-26-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only if you stop calling soccer football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped many years ago, much to the annoyance of many of my friends /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

FishNChips
09-27-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have KC moneyline at +160

[/ QUOTE ]

Pray tell where you found that? It hasn't been over +135 at even the best books.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry.. had them at +130 ... had another wager that was +160 and got them confused while typing a quick note at work. sorry... either way, good god what happened to the Chefs last night???? I tried like hell to talk myself out of taking them, but 2 wins including 1 on the road, a defense that seemed like it was going well and I couldn't rid myself of the images of the Broncos Week1Debacle. Sigh.. I suck at this.

FishNChips

roundmann
09-27-2005, 11:47 AM
For the enchiladas...

Indiana
09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
I just saw a special on EUROSPORT TV here in Holland that promoted the "Refridgerator" Perry as the new guy trying to bring the NFL to the EU. If this Mexico experiment works out they will likely bring the game to Wembly. Face it, soccer sucks....Its too darn freakin hard to score in soccer which makes for a very painful 2 hrs of television.

Indy

lorinda
09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
I was actually serious /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Imagine if the Chiefs have to come this far /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lori