PDA

View Full Version : When multi-tabling, do you mix it up?

kevstreet
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
This post is dichotomous but with one theme, do you mix up the tables you're playing?

Depending on how I'm playing I'll combine levels. Whenever I'm on a cooler I'll mix it up a little. For instance I'll play 3 $11 tables and 1 $22, if I'm running well I may play 2 $22s and 2 $33s, you get the picture. Does anyone else do this and if so, what is the greatest difference in table selection (ie do you mix a $100 w/ a $20?)

Now for the second part. To break up the monotony of NL Hold Em I've been throwing in a Omaha 8 H/L game. Of course if you're 8-16 tabling I know it's probably impossible but when I'm 4 tabling I kind of like the change. Anyone else mix your game selection up this way?

Sabrazack
09-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Nope, i never mix. Might throw in an MTT sometimes though if im bored with SNG play.

the_joker
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
I usually play one table, one level higher. When I get enough sample size to say that I make more at the higher level, then I'll move up. I don't know how to play other forms of poker well, so I just play hold-em.

SlackerMcFly
09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
For a real mind-bender, I'll sometimes play a NL, Omaha H/L and a 7 Stud at the same time. Very difficult to compartmentalize your thinking but it's a good exercise. Just not very profitable.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RikaKazak
09-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Ummm, I mix up the buy ins sometimes, like 4 215's and 4 109's but that's just so I can get on the tables quicker, not for any other reason. If I have lets say 50 minutes before I gotta be out the door, I'll do a quick 8 table SNG and get on the tables as soon as possible.

As far as mixing up games.....when I'm screwing around at lower buy in's I'll play stud and hold'em at the same time, I just love stud tournies. But when I'm playing seriously, only hold'em OR stud or omaha for that matter, but only 1 at a time.

pokerlaw
09-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I mix it up. Moreso when I am playing on a friend/student's account in which he lets me play (since i am the one who made most of the money).

The wackiest NL session I did was: a) 1 30-person; b) a 20 person; c) 18 person 3-table (6-handed) d)a MTT and e) a 10 person turbo. I 5-tabled on mini-view on UB. I like the change of pace.

On my main account, which is Stars - my standard set of 4 is 2 27-person tourneys and 2 18-person. I put the 27s on the top and the 18s on the bottom.

I like to keep the buy-in constant, but i've mixed it up before (i play $5+50s-$20+2s, usually 4 10s)

tshort
09-26-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, i never mix. Might throw in an MTT sometimes though if im bored with SNG play.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and I often throw a TV show into the mix.

09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Not on purpose, but sometimes I get into games where they accidentally deal me four cards or won't let me go all-in preflop.

kevstreet
09-26-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not on purpose, but sometimes I get into games where they accidentally deal me four cards or won't let me go all-in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... hate when that happens. Although I think that's how I started playing O8.

Hornacek
09-26-2005, 03:52 PM
I generally like mixing tonic water with Sapphire. Other times, if I'm feeling frisky, I might go for some Sapphire and Vermouth. The latter tends to lead to looser and more losing play though. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nicholasp27
09-26-2005, 04:21 PM
when i moved from level to level, i use the rolling br guideline so that the average of my 4 tourneys x 30 is < the amount in my account