PDA

View Full Version : Am I gun shy on the river

dcarlc
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Been running a little poor last couple of days and was wondering if I missed a bet on river or if this is ok.
BB is loose and not very agg(52/10/1).

Party 5/10, 5 handed

fold, fold, I raise K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop:7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check, Bet, Call

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Bet, Raise, call

River Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check, I?

My thought when he led the turn, some draw with a pair possible? Was just wondering if this a standard value bet?
When your going bad you start to think, not check raised again or they just fold.

Thanks

Nietzsche
09-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I bet/fold. IMO you are ahead of lots of hands that can be played this way and from your description he will call with his lower pair on the river.

RolldUp
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Id take a bet fold line on this river, Villans range of hands is gigantic on that turn taking into consideration that hes probably not folding to a steal with anything preflop. Theres a really good chance that he flopped a pair and turned an OESD or flush draw. I really think checking behind here would be a wasted opportunity cause he will call with so many worse hands, and i think its not too hard to lay down if ch raised.

cartman
09-26-2005, 03:27 PM
This is a very clear bet. When you are heads up on the river just ask yourself if there are plenty of hands worse than yours that will call a bet. If the answer is yes then fire away.

Cartman