PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a custom computer?

gila
09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm sick of dell's crap (they canceled my 9100 order). I know of cyberpower, is there any others similar/better?

FouTight
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
you not comfortable with DIY?

This is clearly the best way to go, you actually get quality components and exactly what you want.

gila
09-26-2005, 03:31 PM
What is DYI?

Neuge
09-26-2005, 04:13 PM
http://www.ibuypower.com has similar products as cyber power systems.

kenberman
09-26-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you not comfortable with DIY?

This is clearly the best way to go, you actually get quality components and exactly what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not clearly the best way to go.

I built my own computer in January, and it was a partial success. everything worked fine and dandy until a month ago, when the plastic part that holds the fan to the motherboard snapped. now I have to lay the PC on it's side, and rest the fan on top. if I do as much as move the PC an inch while it is in use, the system will freeze and I need to reboot.

the solution to my problem? I have no idea. either try to magyver the fan to the motherboard (doubtful), or try to return the motherboard. getting me money back from the motherboard is doubtful, and in the best case, I'll simply get another nmotherboard, and need to rebuild the whole thing, and be w/o a PC during this process.

paying a company a small "build" fee, together with a warranty, might have saved me this trouble.

I think the best solution, if you're not seeking a high end PC, is to simply wait for the next Dell deal, and spend $300-$400. you'll get a quality machine, w/ warranty, at a low cost.