PDA

View Full Version : Unbelieveable- I might have to DOS this site

Easy E
05-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Are you KIDDING me? I think I'd have to slap the fool about THREE TIMES if I ever met him:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/13/oreo.suit.reut/index.html

I think we should spam the crap out of this site:
http://bantransfats.com/

and its email:
bantf@earthlink.net

Here's a clue, you moron- if you're concerned about your health, or the health of kids, DON'T EAT JUNK FOOD!!!

Actually, do the world a favor and sue Atkins for that diet- you wanna talk about fat...

IrishHand
05-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Anyone that eats schlock like store-bought cookies or fast food will get what they deserve in the long run. You want to talk about chemical weapons? We voluntarily digest them on a regular basis in this country. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Easy E
05-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Here's the email that I sent to their site:
-----
I think your suit is ridiculous. If you are so concerned about the public welfare, there are MANY more important issues to expend your energies on..... and the CNN article made you look like an idiot.

as to your website:
"BanTransFats.com, Inc. is a newly established non-profit corporation based in California. Our goal is the reduction and elimination of trans fats from all food products. "

Wow- amazingly coincidental timing to your frivalous lawsuit.

" We have sued Kraft/Nabisco, because it is targeting its marketing of Oreo Cookies to young children. Oreo Cookies contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil, a trans fat. This is the first anti-trans fat lawsuit ever filed by anyone. "

Nice, being a lawyer and all, no self-interest there

" PLEASE DON'T BUY KRAFT/NABISCO OREO COOKIES."
Now, if you want to organize a boycott? Great. Educate the public? Fine. But a lawsuit? You're just trying for a settlement.

" We will also take legal action against food manufacturers and organize selective boycotts."
1) Why, and 2) that figures. 10:1 the boycotts are companies you can't make money off of.

" We are proud to announce that Dr. Mary Enig, who is widely regarded as the world's leading expert on the danger of trans fats, is our principal consultant."
Nice claim- prove it

"Trans fats cause significant and serious lowering of HDL (good) cholesterol and a significant and serious increase in LDL (bad) cholesterol; major clogging of arteries; type 2 diabetes; and other serious health problems.
Trans fats are placed into food to increase shelf life, but they decrease human life."

No kidding, and GET A CLUE! You don't want to cause yourself health problems? You want kids to eat heathier? DON'T EAT JUNK FOOD! Teach your kids HOW to eat! Suing so that COOKIES are less unhealthy for you than there are now is STUPID. Take some personal responsibility, for gods' sake!

"Trans fats are not edible food.”- No kidding- neither is INSOLUABLE FIBER!!! When's THAT lawsuit coming?

" If the hydrogenation process were discovered today, it could not be adopted by the oil food industry."
You're gonna hafta back that one up with something else.

" There are recommended maximum daily allowances for total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium on the FDA approved “Nutrition Facts” labels on food packages. For example, the labels state that 25 grams of saturated fat
can be consumed daily as part of a 2,500 calorie diet. However, the FDA has refused to set a maximum recommended daily allowance for trans fats, because the only safe level is zero."
So, eat an Oreo, lose how much of life expectancy, exactly? PLEASE!

" Kraft has objected to the FDA's proposal to include trans fats in the "Nutrition Facts" labels on food products on the ground that it will “mislead consumers and may result in food choices inconsistent with public health goals.'' Kraft's objection is an insult to everyone's intelligence."

Granted, this ALSO is a stupid statement. However, given that you are suing them on the source of this issue, what else do you expect?

" In fact, the FDA's proposed labeling will be completely useless for children. There is no way that a child will be warned by the technical "Nutrition Facts" label, especially a child who is so young that he or she cannot read. Kids need prominent bright obvious graphic labeling, so that
they know to steer away from those products. A parent can say: "If you see that label on something, don't eat it."

Here's a clue- NO label of ANY type is going to stop kids from eating crap that appeals to them.

" Frito-Lay is completely eliminating trans fats from Doritos, Tostitos and Cheetos and is converting to corn oil, a trans fat-free oil. And even McDonald’s is reducing by 47 percent the level of trans fat used in its French fries. But Kraft has made no announcement that it will eliminate trans fat from Oreo Cookies."
Wait- that leaves 53% of the Death Ingredient in Mickey D's products- where's the lawsuit, you hypocrite?

" In March 2003, Denmark issued new regulations limiting the amount of trans fat in processed foods. Denmark's food minister said: "We put the public health above the industry's interests." Why can't the United States do the
same?"

Wait, they're not ELIMINATING the Death Ingredient? Sue the Denmark government!

" We are very concerned that the Federal Government announced on May 8, 2003 that it will not force companies to produce healthier food. The Health and Human Services Secretary, Tommy Thompson, said that he hopes that the food
companies will do so voluntarily. We do not agree at all. We need to put pressure on the food companies, and pass appropriate legislation and regulations."
Fine- but don't be a hypocrite and DON'T do it through the courts, on what is NOT a life-threatening public condition being inflicted on people by others.
These are SNACK FOODS, and until I see people dropping in the streets with Oreos clenched in their hands, YOU ARE JUST BEING GREEDY.

"The best way to get the food industry to remove the trans fats from its products is to avoid buying products containing trans fats. If you see the words "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated" or "fractionated" in the
ingredients, choose a different product. If enough of us avoid products with trans fats, the food industry will get the message."
And yet the beauty of this strategy, the RIGHTNESS of it, doesn't seem to get through to you....

" Incidentally, there are several "Oreo" alternatives that have no trans fat. Newman's "O" cookies contain no trans fat and taste just as good as Kraft/Nabisco Oreo Cookies. An Oreo doesn't need trans fat to taste great. "

at least i got ONE thing out of your idiocy- I haven't seen the Newman's cookies- I'll have to try them.

"We will accept financial support from any company that agrees with our goal of reducing and eliminating trans fats and does not attempt to influence us to deviate from that goal in any way"
Well, the tofu industry will be happy to help..... I'm guessing that the last sentence will pretty much limit your sponsors to none.

I think you should recruit the McDonald's idiot for expertise in suing companies for STUPID REASONS!

I await something logical, that makes your actions/motivations anything BUT ridiculous, in reply. Otherwise, you just get added to the list of
"extreme examples showing why we need tort reform."
-------------

Okay, I'm gonna go calm down now... with some cookies and milk (guess which ones?)

marbles
05-13-2003, 03:19 PM
"Anyone that eats schlock like store-bought cookies or fast food..."

--I'm with you on the fast food, but Chips Ahoy and Oreos, dipped in milk for the proper duration, are fruits of the gods.

IrishHand
05-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Chips Ahoy and Oreos are just as reliant on chemicals for preservation as Egyptian mummies - and likely just as healthy in the long run. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Jimbo
05-13-2003, 06:00 PM
Actually Egyptian mummies were mummified using dehydration and sea salt, no chemicals.

IrishHand
05-14-2003, 05:16 PM
I agree. Eating the mummies would be healthier.

Easy E
05-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Plus, the expiration's run out- never a good sign.