PDA

View Full Version : I haven't made a poll in awhile

dtbog
09-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Possibly done before, but this made me think.

I have noticed that most people washing their hands in mens' rooms will use soap when washing their hands after they pee. However, most males will also often display their masculinity by 'boasting' (when asked) about the fact that they rarely wash their hands after they urinate, let alone use soap.

Personally, I usually just rinse (no soap) after I pee... whether or not someone else is watching me wash my hands.

My little theory here is that co-workers and friends don't want to be perceived as 'unclean', so they use soap merely as an effort to appear hygienic.

Thoughts?

dtbog
09-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Also note that I didn't include any poll options referring to people who pee on their hands and therefore are compelled to use soap, for that reason alone.

This omission was intentional.

tdarko
09-26-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't made a poll in awhile

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a good thing

jakethebake
What trailer park do you live in where guys boast about not washing their hands? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dtbog
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a good thing

[/ QUOTE ]

by 'good thing', of course, I'm assuming you mean that reading a poll from me was a breath of fresh air /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtbog
09-26-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What trailer park do you live in where guys boast about not washing their hands? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

college.. same idea. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

any society in which it is acceptable to have week-old beer cans lying around in any given house will permit such boasting.

tdarko
09-26-2005, 01:59 PM
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gulebjorn
09-26-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't know about you, but I don't piss on my hands. So no, I don't wash them afterwards;

Rick Nebiolo
09-26-2005, 02:07 PM
It's actually more important to wash before taking a leak given your Johnson should be about the cleanest part of your body. Especially important if you touch a poker chip.

~ Rick

pokerdirty
09-26-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you, but I don't piss on my hands. So no, I don't wash them afterwards;

[/ QUOTE ]

You should try it some time.

gulebjorn
09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pissing on them or washing them? Or both?

benfranklin
09-26-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a good thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Too short a while.

pokerdirty
09-26-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pissing on them or washing them? Or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pissing on them. You dont know what you are missing.

dtbog
09-26-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a good thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Too short a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

You kid, but the results thus far (plurality actually admitting to only using soap when people are watching) are interesting.

Why are we so concerned about other people thinking we're dirty?

09-26-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's actually more important to wash before taking a leak given your Johnson should be about the cleanest part of your body. Especially important if you touch a poker chip.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Money too

dtbog
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
if you chose the "only when people are looking" option, post a justification?

i'm not judging, I'm just curious.

WackityWhiz
09-26-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Money too

[/ QUOTE ]

09-26-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...after I pee...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought wimmin "peed" and "real men piss." Have I been wrong all these years? Not that I'm implying anything, or anything.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dtbog
09-26-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought wimmin "peed" and "real men piss." Have I been wrong all these years? Not that I'm implying anything, or anything.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I guess so.

These same 'real men' also tell their girlfriends to 'make me a sandwich, bitch', and I don't do that. Flame at will.

Brainwalter
09-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I generally only wash my hands post-urination when either in public or about to eat. And by wash I mean rinse with water and without soap.

dtbog
09-26-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I generally only wash my hands post-urination when either in public

[/ QUOTE ]

why does it matter if you are in public!

no one has answered this yet!

Brainwalter
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally only wash my hands post-urination when either in public

[/ QUOTE ]

why does it matter if you are in public!

no one has answered this yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

As a courtesy to the people who I will interact with!

This is not only when someone is watching as I leave the restroom. If the room is empty, I still rinse my hands when I am in a public place where the chances of contact with other people are moderate/high. It is not a matter of being watched or not.

dtbog
09-26-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is not only when someone is watching as I leave the restroom. If the room is empty, I still rinse my hands when I am in a public place where the chances of contact with other people are moderate/high. It is not a matter of being watched or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean to seem confrontational.. thanks for the response. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Consider this, though -- you're going to be touching money, books, 'chips' of some sort, your girlfriend's ass, etc... in due time. If you're worried about your urine getting on people, why not think of those people too?

Brainwalter
09-26-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean to seem confrontational.. thanks for the response. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Consider this, though -- you're going to be touching money, books, 'chips' of some sort, your girlfriend's ass, etc... in due time. If you're worried about your urine getting on people, why not think of those people too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small amounts of urine that may incidentally get on your hands will dissipate quickly. What happens in due time is irrelevant.

09-26-2005, 04:22 PM
ok this is just gross...you should wash your hands every time you go to the bathroom...WITH soap. If you wash your hands with just water, what is the point of that? now you just touched the sink (which is proven to be just as dirty as the tiolet, if not worse) and gave the bacteria a nice wet environment to grow on your hands! Then you're going to open the door that other ppl who have just taken a crap and didnt wash their hands just opened...you might even touch your face, go eat, shake hands, and all the other things we do to spread microbes around. eww i'm so grossed out right now...did you know that when you flush the toilet, contaminated water particles from the toilet go all over the bathroom and stay in there for up to two hours?! People spread e. coli around by not washing their hands after going to the bathroom, among other disease causing microorganisms. Wash your hands with soap, turn the sink off with a paper towel, and open the door with a paper towel...

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok this is just gross...you should wash your hands every time you go to the bathroom...WITH soap. If you wash your hands with just water, what is the point of that? now you just touched the sink (which is proven to be just as dirty as the tiolet, if not worse) and gave the bacteria a nice wet environment to grow on your hands! Then you're going to open the door that other ppl who have just taken a crap and didnt wash their hands just opened...you might even touch your face, go eat, shake hands, and all the other things we do to spread microbes around. eww i'm so grossed out right now...did you know that when you flush the toilet, contaminated water particles from the toilet go all over the bathroom and stay in there for up to two hours?! People spread e. coli around by not washing their hands after going to the bathroom, among other disease causing microorganisms. Wash your hands with soap, turn the sink off with a paper towel, and open the door with a paper towel...

[/ QUOTE ]

do you actually do all of this stuff?

if so, I recommend never kissing anyone, never eating at a restaurant, never getting in a friend's car, never borrowing a book from a library, never handling money.....

09-26-2005, 04:27 PM
rigth money, door handles, people's mouths, etc. are really dirty...but i wash my hands before i eat...of course you can't live in a germ free environment, but when there is something as simple as washing your hands prevents a bunch of my own as well as many others' [censored] particles from ending up in my mouth, i'm going go ahead an error on the side of washing

imported_anacardo
09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Three letters:

O
C
D.

09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Never, ever, in my wildest, distorted, twisted logic process would I have bet this thread would reach this length! I'd probably have laid 9-4 it would stop before page two was even close to opening.

And, since it's gotten semi-serious, I'd like to add:

1.) Keep your johnson clean at all times.
2.) Careful shaking of said johnson prevents transference of body fluid to your digits.
3.) When shaking the dew off your lily, more than 3 shakes enters the area of something of a sexual nature.
4.) When engaged in the act of urination in a facility with no protective panel thingies between the urinals, Never, EVER, turn to the person next to you with previously mentioned johnson/lily in your hand. A major, major social error. Especially if the flow has not yet ceased.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never, ever, in my wildest, distorted, twisted logic process would I have bet this thread would reach this length! I'd probably have laid 9-4 it would stop before page two was even close to opening.

[/ QUOTE ]

you underestimate my polls!

[ QUOTE ]

3.) When shaking the dew off your lily, more than 3 shakes enters the area of something of a sexual nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

"shake it once that's fine... shake it twice that's OK... shake it three times.. you're playing with yourself... aggaaainnnn"

09-26-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Three letters:

O
C
D.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this guy's a shill for the TV show, "Monk."

09-26-2005, 04:30 PM
actually it's called proper handwashing technique...i believe OSHA has directions with pictures to help you follow along

09-26-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually it's called proper handwashing technique...i believe OSHA has directions with pictures to help you follow along

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worse than I feared!!!! He's a Bue-row-crat!!! Run, Hide!!! Tha Feds have busted this thread!!!

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as FEMA is on hand to help when you [censored] up... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm actually a SHE and I wouldnt want any of you non-washers to put a finger on me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-26-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...you underestimate my polls!...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first I've noticed. I'm looking forward to the next. I think. Then again, maybe I should be fearful?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

09-26-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually a SHE and I wouldnt want any of you non-washers to put a finger on me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I have to add a single word here.

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is the first I've noticed. I'm looking forward to the next. I think. Then again, maybe I should be fearful?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to have you on board. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't listen to the others, they're just jealous of the day when I got bored and made 4 polls at the same time. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

09-26-2005, 04:37 PM
hey now...you would try i'm sure

09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
ok explain to me why someone would just use water, but no soap...what is the point of this? you're already at the sink, the soap is right there...what is the explaination for this?

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok explain to me why someone would just use water, but no soap...what is the point of this? you're already at the sink, the soap is right there...what is the explaination for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use soap because I don't want to touch those soap dispensers -- people touch those with their dirty hands!!!!

*duck* /images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
hehe good point...but i think if you rub your hands together, the soap helps

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true enough. =)

in all seriousness -- I just don't feel that my hands are dirty enough to warrant soap.

it's the same with the seat covers in stalls -- I don't use those, though they are there. the only reason is that I don't feel like using them, and I'm not concerned with the side-effects of refraining from doing so.

09-26-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey now...you would try i'm sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Methinks the lady may possibly be overly sure of herself.
Then again, maybe she's not.

OK, I'll take a shot here. Your comment did seem to be a challenge.

Are you:

1.) Petite - 5'1" or less?
2.) Naturally blonde - and willing to prove it?
3.) Proud of your non-implanted, B cup breasteses?
4.) Possesing of a sense of humor?
5.) Capable of discussing current world and local events?
6.) Not prone to fart, belch or pick your nose in public?
7.) Capable of understanding that a male is capable of wanting to establish a genuine relationship with a female before jumping her bones?

Should you deign to take the time to answer the above, be aware that there are 3 more parts to the quiz.

I'll understand if you tell me to GFY, or some other suitable acronym, and respect you for it.

09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true enough. =)

in all seriousness -- I just don't feel that my hands are dirty enough to warrant soap.

it's the same with the seat covers in stalls -- I don't use those, though they are there. the only reason is that I don't feel like using them, and I'm not concerned with the side-effects of refraining from doing so.

[/ QUOTE ] Thats cool man...I guess you don't mind a little bacteria and viruses that cause colds and infectious diseases such as hepatitis A, E. coli, shigella, and salmonella on your hands and everything else you touch. i understand

09-26-2005, 04:54 PM
no it's quite all right...i you're not me mad enough to tell you GFY...it's just oot i like the little challenge...although if your quiz questions were assumptions about me, you are totally wrong

09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...ok explain to me why someone would just use water, but no soap...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, oh. Our future relationship is now in danger.

The purpose of soap/detergent is to "soften" the water. "Soft" water "floats" more of whatever is on the surface of whatever you're trying to clean.

Anti-bacteria agents can be added. This gives more protection.

Hot water is also a key to the sucessful/desired sanitation process.

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats cool man...I guess you don't mind a little bacteria and viruses that cause colds and infectious diseases such as hepatitis A, E. coli, shigella, and salmonella on your hands and everything else you touch. i understand

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, is there a public service announcement in my thread?

I also eat food that I have dropped on the floor... how does that affect my health? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtbog
09-26-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
although if your quiz questions were assumptions about me, you are totally wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

where would he get all of those assumptions?

I thought he was half-sarcastically giving you the traits he desires in a woman, and seeing if you met them.

09-26-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
although if your quiz questions were assumptions about me, you are totally wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

where would he get all of those assumptions?

I thought he was half-sarcastically giving you the traits he desires in a woman, and seeing if you met them.

[/ QUOTE ]well if that's the case good luck finding her..i'm sure there of plenty of them out there

09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats cool man...I guess you don't mind a little bacteria and viruses that cause colds and infectious diseases such as hepatitis A, E. coli, shigella, and salmonella on your hands and everything else you touch. i understand

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, is there a public service announcement in my thread?

I also eat food that I have dropped on the floor... how does that affect my health? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]well that's when the five second rule applies..

09-26-2005, 05:01 PM
so if you can wash a few buggers away you're good then?

09-26-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...if your quiz questions were assumptions...

[/ QUOTE ]

When I assume, I make an "ass" out of "u" and "me." So I try never to assume.

Your remark was taken, in my own distorted-humor way, as "I got, You want it, We both know it." Usually true.

Again, in my own way, I was parrying, and pointing out some of my turn-ons. No intention of insult in your direction. I don't make a habit of harassing females.

BTW, I'm extremely happy in my marriage. (47 years in June) And my wife knows I'm a harmless flirt.

09-26-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...I thought he was half-sarcastically giving you the traits he desires in a woman, and seeing if you met them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ka-ching!!!!! We have a winner!!! Pay tha man!!!!

09-26-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...if your quiz questions were assumptions...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't make a habit of harassing females.

[/ QUOTE ] Well this is oot...and i've been harassed before /images/graemlins/grin.gif never under estimate the men in here...and congrats on your marriage..thats a long time!

09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...Well this is oot...and i've been harassed before never under estimate the men in here...and congrats on your marriage..thats a long time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's a long time. And, because of my abominable habits and frequent past transgressions, I know it seems much, much longer to her! God bless her for seeing something in me worth sticking around for. Some time back I realized everything I thought I was looking for, and most of what I found, wasn't worth near what I had. Gee, I bet that's never happened to anyone else! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm hijacking this thread. Sorry.

Thank you babyblues for the repartee. You're a fun lady.

09-26-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...Well this is oot...and i've been harassed before never under estimate the men in here...and congrats on your marriage..thats a long time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's a long time. And, because of my abominable habits and frequent past transgressions, I know it seems much, much longer to her! God bless her for seeing something in me worth sticking around for. Some time back I realized everything I thought I was looking for, and most of what I found, wasn't worth near what I had. Gee, I bet that's never happened to anyone else! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm hijacking this thread. Sorry.

Thank you babyblues for the repartee. You're a fun lady.

[/ QUOTE ] ok but don't tell anyone i'm fun, you'll ruin my reputation