PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision with overpair

smartalecc5
09-26-2005, 01:47 PM
3/6 at Pokerroom full table

Hero has KdKh

folds, MP+1 raises, Hero on button 3-bets, SB folds, BB calls, MP+1 calls.

Flop is 3sTs6h
BB checks, mp1 checks, I bet, call, call.

Turn is 9s
BB checks, MP1 bets, hero......

No reads

I would riase if I had the king of spades, but I dont want to be 3bet by a flush. Thanks.

09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
This seems like a tough position to play in. If the BB is the type of player who would check the nut flush draw on the flop, I think you have to consider folding. I would really worry about ATs or similar hands. The odds were certainly right to check/call the flop with a flush draw.

I think also you have to be concerned about a hand like TT. I wouldn't put it past some players to slow play trips with several people in the flop and a flush draw on the board.

sy_or_bust
09-26-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm much more inclined to raise without the K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. You don't include any reads, but MP1's bet is often a made hand vulnerable to a flush. Sometimes it's a set, sometimes TPTK or an overpair. This is a good time to raise.

09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
That's a good point. Also I think that since the pot is sufficiently large at this point that even if you made the raise, were then 3 bet, and were forced to fold on the river due to an obvious flush it would be a decent play that didn't cost you too much.

A raise would definitely provide you with a lot of information in this case.

smartalecc5
09-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Ok, seeing if that is what I should have done, and as you guys guess it are right. The BB called after I did and then hit his 55 set on the river. I don't think my call was horrible but it sure would have saved me a pot if I had done what you guys pointed out. Thanks